Reply To: Has anyone built CTRLR against the most recent ver of Juce

Home Forums Platform Specific Linux Has anyone built CTRLR against the most recent ver of Juce Reply To: Has anyone built CTRLR against the most recent ver of Juce

Tedjuh
Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 97
    • Total: 106
    • ★★

I never compiled Ctrlr on Linux. Can’t help you with a tutorial about that. What I do know is that the latest version of Ctrlr, version 6.(something) was built with Juce 5.1. Go to the repository on Github. Download the master branch. Download the Juce that the master branch is pointing to and do the same for the panels folder. Search the forum, there are a few topics that deal with compiling for Linux.

When you scroll down there’s a sort of guide on how to compile for Linux:

Linux
    A build.sh script is provided in Builds/Generated/Linux/Standalone, a symlink of that script is located in Builds/Generated/Linux/VST and is used to create a precompiled header and then to trigger the build using make. You can do that manually if you like just to have a look at the script, it’s really simple.

A more complex solution exists in Scripts/post-commit, this script will build all solutions for the current architecture, it will also prepare the system for the build, unpack boost.zip check some packages (on Ubuntu only for now) and start the build. At the end it will create a self-extracting Ctrlr.sh file in Packaging/Linux (create using makeself.sh), it will also try to scp it to ctrlr.org but that will fail without the correct ssh key, you can just comment out the scp line in post-commit.

The post-commit script takes an argument “clean” if you wish to clean all the intermediate files before building. If you want to ignore any package errors that it reports (i assume you know your system better than my script) then just add -f as an option when building.

Ctrlr