Reply To: Roland MKS80 Panel – posted to Downloads

Home Forums General Panels, Components, Macros Roland MKS80 Panel – posted to Downloads Reply To: Roland MKS80 Panel – posted to Downloads

jasefos
Participant
    • Topics: 13
    • Replies: 76
    • Total: 89

Hey guys!

I was very excited to hear about the panel for the mks-80 would be out soon. But there are no news since the alpha version was released on February 26. Will there be a final version?

Hi dnbpsy,

Glad you’re interested in the MKS80 panel. It may be labelled as an alpha version however it is actually fully functional (the latest version being available within the Panel download area on this site) – thus development has slowed since I’ve been having too much fun making use of it!

My current development phase is to implement simultaneous editing of both the Upper and Lower tones simultaneously as the existing version targets the Upper tone only. Actually behind the scenes I have completed making the new background GUI to accommodate this (I had to rescale graphics to make it fit sensibly!). I’m just finishing resizing the Knob and Switch graphics to fit the new GUI and then I’ll upload it.

Long term, I will be implementing some LUA methods to do bulk parameter dumps back and forth from the unit.

For the moment however, if you’re the kind of guy that loves making new patches from scratch for each new tune (that’s me!) it works perfectly as a one-way editor and will allow making Snapshots and spitting them at the MKS80.

Download it and take it for a spin!

Cheers

JaseFOS

--> Music: www.soundcloud.com/jasefos
    --> DAW: OSX10.10.5 with Live 9.6 x64, UA Apollo Quad
    --> Controllers: Push 2, KeyLab61, Maschine mk2, MCU Pro, 2xMCU-Ext
    --> Synths: Cyclone Bass Bot TT303, ESQ1, MKS80/MPG80, Matrix 6R, Matrix1000, Mopho, 05RW, DW8000, Virus TI Polar, Voyager Electric Blue, MiniBrute, AN1X, K5000s, FIZMO, ASR10 rack, Kenton ProSolo (controls Sequential Pro-One, Yamaha CS15), Prophecy, EMX1, MonoTribe, SP1200, DX100, KARP Odyssey

Ctrlr