Reply To: Using customComponents to draw knobs and sliders

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr Using customComponents to draw knobs and sliders Reply To: Using customComponents to draw knobs and sliders

dasfaker
Keymaster
    • Topics: 80
    • Replies: 793
    • Total: 873
    • ★★★

Thanks for your explanation.

Yes, I will send you the panel so you can experiment with it, I have to clean it before as is an old panel with a lot of stuff.

I see there is lag when all custom components need a redraw at the same time or when dragging a window over the panel. Redrawing a custom component is about 50% slower than a default juce slider, but it’s ok; no matter how much I draw (paths, gradients, transforms…), luabind seems fast enough, but as the custom component increase their size their performance decay.

It is worse when I use the custom panel background callback, as it needs to be repainted everytime a custom component change, and this is a big canvas.

The idea was to make the panel without external resources and draw everything with Lua (I don’t like the standard juce looking), so when you zoom the panel there is no blur in the graphics, but zooming decreases performance a lot.

Ctrlr