Reply To: Ctrlr – Step by step guide

Home Forums General News and releases Ctrlr – Step by step guide Reply To: Ctrlr – Step by step guide

Puppeteer
Participant
    • Topics: 16
    • Replies: 185
    • Total: 201
    • ★★

Thanks for doing this. I’d be keen to add to it with my experiences of LUA from my Kurzweil PC3 panel, and thought of doing something similar. If you are open to it, I’d be keen to add to your document as I develop the Kurzweil PC3 panel. It’s uses some unusual MIDI so I have to craft a lot of stuff manually in LUA.

Just answering some of the questions you have in the document.

Regarding the colours, the first hex pair is normally alpha (or transparency)

Regarding the librarian section and sending parameters, normally these are done directly when you move the parameter (and in fact if you receive a patch and set the component to match a value it will send them by default as well – there is a post on the forum about how to workaround this). You could use LUA to send a dump or all panel components at once.

For the bubble, there is a parameter in the panel on the right to enable this for particular components. I think it’s down near the bottom. I need to look at this some more as I’d like it to show a mapped value rather than the MIDI value, but that’s for another day.

For the file extensions you pretty much have it right. The various options control file size and whether resources are collected together with it and packaged as a binary.

One other thing is that to create the VST’s etc you need to open your panel in the VST version and then export it from there. The VST version has different export options than the standalone. That’s the only way that I know of to build protected instances (without the panel menu). This is important to me as some of the info I have on the Kurzweil PC3 I’ve received under NDA so can’t share it.

The Puppeteer
    http://godlike.com.au

Ctrlr