Reply To: Can I copy all the faders from one tab to another without copying all the tabs?

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr Can I copy all the faders from one tab to another without copying all the tabs? Reply To: Can I copy all the faders from one tab to another without copying all the tabs?

zmix
Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 65
    • Total: 74

Thanks again for the reply..

Yes, it’s basically using the same parameter numbers and nearly identical ranges, with slight variations from algo to algo..
    I suppose Lua is inevitable.. I know *nothing* about it, though.. Looking at other panems will be a great place to start, though so thanks. I was looking at the Lexicon MXP panel when I began but I was unable to see any “code” and it says “Invalid Resource” on the panel itself. The Korg Minilogue panel has a button that requests the current program and loads it into the panel, might be an approach I can modify to my panel?

function loadProgramIntoPanel(midiSysExDump)
    — Your method code here
    modulatorValues = extractModulatorValuesFromMidiSysExDump(midiSysExDump)

for key, value in pairs(modulatorValues) do
    local modulator = panel:getModulatorByName(key)
    local component = modulator:getComponent()

if (component:getProperty(‘uiType’) == ‘uiListBox’) then
    modulator:setValueMapped(value, true, true)
    else
    modulator:setModulatorValue(value, false, false, false)
    end
    –if (key == ‘vco1-octave’) then
    –console(tostring(key) .. ” ” .. tostring(value))
    –end
    end
    end

Is there a Lua “library” of such functions?

As an aside, I did discover what I think is a “bug” in that the Panel isn’t passing the parameter names to the DAW when using the Audio Units Component

( here )

So I’m a bit leary to program 7 panels of 29 faders only to have them appear as “undefined” in the control surface I’m using to adjust the parameters..

Is there any way you could verify / debunk this for me?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by zmix.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by zmix.
    Ctrlr