1547 bug/issue round up

Home Forums General News and releases 1547 bug/issue round up

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    msepsis
    Participant
      • Topics: 219
      • Replies: 732
      • Total: 951
      • ★★★

Just a list of issues I’m noticing or have been noticing for a few revs and have just been too in the zone to stop and report them until now. At the risk of being redundant I think I’ll also post them as individual bugs just to help you track them. . .
      I’m working primarly on a mac these days, haven’t fired up windows for a few days but I believe each and every one of these was reproducible in both win and os x.

modulator list – can’t sort! I heard one user complaining of this but I wasn’t able to reproduce it. Unfortunately now I am. I created a new (blofeld editor!) panel from scratch and now am ready to set up my VST indices. I set up the mod list to view the attributes I’d like to see (name, sysex formula, modulator type and VST index). Before I showed these fields I could sort fine. After showing the fields I now can not sort the list by clicking any of the attributes at the top of the list. It will “sort” the very first line item but nothing else in the view changes.

invisible text in midi monitor, lua console and lua editor This has hung around for a few versions on the mac… i dont recall if it shows its ugly head on the pc. It’s easy enough to edit the text used for the lua editor but no such thing for the lua console or midi monitor, so this one is pretty major and should be addressed asap IMO.

Still some issues with over-writing resources. I’ve found the only way to successfully import a new version of a resource already used in the panel is first to select any modulator that is already using that resource, change the resource it uses to something completely different, go to the resources tab and first delete the resource, then re-import it. Even then sometimes I’m told that the resource already exists.. hmm. Then finally go back and change the selected modulator’s recourse back to the newly imported version. I’m also seeing apparent issues with writing over resources for panels already opened on that system with resources contained within a bpanelz. If I update a panel’s knobs from my laptop for instance in knobman and import them into ctrlr and love how it looks, save that bpanelz and then open it on a system which already contains that same panel’s id in the ctrlr prefs folder sometimes the bpanelz’s new resources do not overwrite those locally stored from the last open of the previous version of that panel.

intermittently, comboBox text scaling FREAKS the hell out if you attempt to drag+select multiple modulators while in edit mode. In addition to this frequently resulting in words “squished” to one character, the last panel deving session I apparently conformed the font sizes of several comboboxes which had 2 font sizes to one just by marquee selecting a group of them. This is especially made a headache when it occurs (happens maybe 1 out of 10 times you do a click+drag marquee selection of modulators including a comboBox) considering the next issue which I haven’t seen reported and has been around for a while on os x’s ctrlr and is a PITA.

You can not type in number values in ctrlr’s pop up value editors! Things like the color picker, or the font kerning/scaling properties pop up windows – on the mac you can not type in values, you can only slide the sliders. Is this addressable? Would be so nice to get those working again, I can’t believe actually that I haven’t stopped once to report this as I’ve seen it for months now.

Font sizes in comboBox contents
      The one thing I’ve reported before which I think I recall you said was a JUCE issue is the fact that the font size of the text within the comboBox’s subMenu is limited to the height of the combobox. This is painful. I should be able to have 16 pxl text in the dropdown of a <30 pixel high combobox. The moment you shrink the height of a combobox down below 30 pixels your font size attrib gets overridden and the text within your combobox becomes nearly unreadable even if there's plenty of space for the font size you have designated. Isn't there some possible work around to resolve this? Or maybe we need to collectively request Jules look at this to fix it once and for all?

Would you mind reposting the url to the thread at RAW where people were asking about the ability to rename VST exports to a unique name? I think you should point everyone here to that thread so everyone can voice up as this really is if you think about it a complete show stopper for ctrlr to be used as a dev platform for VSTs. If you have one exported VST that's fine you can remember that "ctrlr instigator" is your Waldorf Blofeld editor vst.. but if you have multiple vsts exported from ctrlr nobody in the world has the ability to tell them apart as they will all be named "ctrlr instigator" - ARGH!

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

zeoka
      Participant
        • Topics: 73
        • Replies: 466
        • Total: 539
        • ★★★

“modulator list – can’t sort! ”

In fact you can :
        sysex : lexico
        name : lexico
        vst index : numeric
        mod type : lexico

You have to change to “numeric” when you sort by vstindex

This is working for me

msepsis
        Participant
          • ★★★

“modulator list – can’t sort! ”

In fact you can :
          sysex : lexico
          name : lexico
          vst index : numeric
          mod type : lexico

You have to change to “numeric” when you sort by vstindex

This is working for me

Thanks Zeoka. you’re right.

One other thing I noticed is that the modulator list doesn’t seem to remember which attributes you had set to show after you close the panel and ctrlr. Just had to reselect a few to try out what zeoka said.

atom
          Keymaster
            • Topics: 159
            • Replies: 2945
            • Total: 3104
            • ★★★★★

The text in the monitor issue maybe can be fixed if i make it use a different font.

The combo/font issue when dragging is unknown to me i’ll have to look into that.

Values in popups, only on MAC only in VST ? or both standalone and VST ?

The PopupMenu font size issue is not something i can fix anytime soon, since Jules does not want to fix that changing that class ia a lot of work (window placement, OS specific handler etc.)

I thought i fixed that in the latest versions, i’ll need to re-enter that domain again. The name reported is hard coded when using Juce, i changed a few lines in the Juce library to have that name reported dynamicly BUT that does not affect some hosts, some just use some other places to get that name from (for AU builds this name is embedded in a special binary fialy that’s shipped with the AU, it’s not even a XML file i could edit on export)

atom
            Keymaster
              • ★★★★★

Also

Would you mind reposting the url to the thread at RAW where people were asking about the ability to rename VST exports to a unique name?

I don’t know what RAW is but if you want to paste a link to ctrlr.org somewhere, please do i have no problem with that. If you want me to look at another forum with some complaints about Ctrlr, please just give me a link, you know i always welcome feedback.

atom
              Keymaster
                • ★★★★★

For the vst exported instance stuff. i changed it again a little, now it should report you panel name + the author you set in the panel properties. The author will also end up in a special Info.plist file (some hosts read that). Also the window hill have the title of your panel. I need to look a bit more at AU builds.

The MIDI mon should work now, i’ll be using “Courier New” instead of defaults, that font is always there so it should work.

I’ll have a deeper look at the PopupMenu implementation and see if i can make it more fitting.

I’ll also do a testing session with resources, this might be simple i think.

lfo2vco
                Participant
                  • Topics: 26
                  • Replies: 162
                  • Total: 188
                  • ★★

You can not type in number values in ctrlr’s pop up value editors! Things like the color picker, or the font kerning/scaling properties pop up windows – on the mac you can not type in values, you can only slide the sliders. Is this addressable? Would be so nice to get those working again, I can’t believe actually that I haven’t stopped once to report this as I’ve seen it for months now.

I have found a workaround for the colour picker problem on Mac.
                  Type or paste the numbers deselect the dialogue, right click or ctrl click select the popup and move the alpha slider back and forth. This seems to force Ctrlr to see the new numbers.

Might help till its fixed.

Here is some noise I organised into an acceptable format:
                  https://soundcloud.com/lfo2vco/a-dark-crystal

atom
                  Keymaster
                    • ★★★★★

I didn’t see that problem so i didn’t do anything yesterday (though i was doing some mac bugfixes).

Does that happen in standalone or just plugin instances ? Some plugin hosts do that, they catch keyboard events and never pass them to the plugin, you need to do some tricks then to catch keyboard events (create hidden windows that would catch all events, or make the plugin editor be a window on the desktop instead of a window that’s owned by the host)

lfo2vco
                    Participant
                      • Topics: 26
                      • Replies: 162
                      • Total: 188
                      • ★★

Hi Atom, I only work in the standalone as my DAW doesn’t do VST.

The inverted slider value bug is fixed by the way… many thanks.

Here is some noise I organised into an acceptable format:
                      https://soundcloud.com/lfo2vco/a-dark-crystal

msepsis
                      Participant
                        • ★★★

Values in popups, only on MAC only in VST ? or both standalone and VST ?

both standalone and VST..And i believe this is only on the mac, windows works fine in this area. mainly a standalone issue as you cant even go into edit mode in the vst 🙂 When I say values in the pop up windows I’m referring to things such as setting font colors, or text kerning.

regarding the URL at RAW I was referring to Raw material software – Juce, Jules’ web forum.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • The forum ‘News and releases’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                      There is currently 0 users and 69 guests online
                      No users are currently active
                      Forum Statistics
                      Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                      Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                      Ctrlr