Ableton Sysex / CC

Home Forums General Programming Ableton Sysex / CC

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Eanna
    Participant
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 0
      • Total: 1

Hi,

I’m a (mostly Java) programmer with over a dozen years of experience.
      I have a few midi devices: Novation Nova, Waldorf Blofeld, Korg ER-1, Creamware Noah, Roland SH-32. And two Midi-enabled effect devices: Roland SRV-3030 and Korg AM8000R. I’m on a 32-bit Win 7 machine…

Before I embark on learning ctrlr, can I ask if CTRLR running as a VST can be Automated in a DAW?
      And what if that DAW was Ableton? And CTRLR was sending SYSEX strings to the device?
      Afaik, Ableton actively filters out Sysex. So, automation by Sysex parameters isn’t an option in Ableton.

Am I wrong?

Could CTRLR be used to translate Sysex events to CC, and vice versa, such that the DAW automates by CC and Sysex gets sent to the Device?

Thank you,

Eanna

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

Yes CTRLR can be hosted in any DAW as VST or AU(mac), yes any component created in Ctrlr can be automated from the host, yest Ctrlr can send SysEx data directly to the MIDI devices assuming that other applications won’t open those MIDI devices before Ctrlr can (on windows) on the MAC and Linux that’s not a problem. And yes it can be used to translate any message to any message.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • The forum ‘Programming’ is closed to new topics and replies.
      There is currently 0 users and 60 guests online
      No users are currently active
      Forum Statistics
      Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
      Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
      Ctrlr