akai s2000 sysex help plz

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr akai s2000 sysex help plz

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    zeoka
    Participant
      • Topics: 73
      • Replies: 466
      • Total: 539
      • ★★★

Cool Atom !

Thank you

Synthetech
      Participant
        • Topics: 13
        • Replies: 70
        • Total: 83

was there a change to the nightly for the pads?

I tried a recent nightly, but when I tried to load my panels, it was all efff’d up!

Knobs were missing, shifted around…  seems the includes were all gone, wouldnt load.

So I reverted to what I was using and it returned to normal.

I have 5.1.0  1137.

Is the latest revision incompatible with the one I’m using now?

atom
        Keymaster
          • Topics: 159
          • Replies: 2945
          • Total: 3104
          • ★★★★★

I didn’t change anything relevant in terms of Ctrlr, except for the stuff that’s in the changelog. If you can share the panel that is broken in the latest nightly i’ll try to help.

Synthetech
          Participant

I figured it out.

Just had to find the include images and re-include them again.

Looks like the ubutton has a unlatched mode now..

I’ve been messing around with it and it looks like it works as I requested except there is a little “General” window that pops up next to the mouse when I Right Click the button.  It wont go away until click the panel somewhere a few times.

Any idea on removing it?

atom
            Keymaster
              • ★★★★★

Well the right click is there for other purposes. For now the menu is empty but it will have option for MIDI learn, maybe i can figure out a way to get rid of it. Let me have a look and i’ll get back to you.

Hecticcc
              Participant
                • Topics: 25
                • Replies: 160
                • Total: 185
                • ★★

Finally had some time to take a look at this, the panel i attached should give you a good starting point for constructing the right sysex messages for the s2000.

Instead of using the midi-properties i made it all in Lua because i think this is easiest to do this way. The sysex formula field is not flexible enough to handle “mixed” strings like this, with values coming from multiple modulators that need to be nibble-ized – correct me if i’m wrong about that Atom 😉

Look inside the Lua scripts of the panel, i tried explaining what is happening in the comments inside them.
                If you need more help just gimme a shout 😉

@ Atom – When i fetch the values for program and keygroup i need to subtract 1 from its value, but using the expressions did not do the trick for me.
                I put “modulatorValue-1” in the first expression field but it does not pass the adapted value to Lua.
                So now i do getValue()-1 but you already pointed out this is “scary stuff” @ runtime and i would like to get rid of it.

Attachments:
                You must be logged in to view attached files.
                Synthetech
                Participant

Thanks Hecticc for your example script.

I may not have a chance to digest all this until the weekend..  it’s been a very long time since I last dug into the LUA scripting.

Just at a glance I can tell I’ll be asking alot of questions.

First thing I noticed is an Nil Value error occurred at load/startup.

But I think I follow your mention of using scripts to control the sysex formula vs. the limited number global method (sixteen only for global, right?)

I suppose you could easily end up with 60+ keygroups if you were to setup a couple drum kits.

I have managed to create some XY controls that allow me to mix things up like LFO Depth/LFO Rate.

It really lets loose the beast that hides in the S2000.

These machines still sound great after all these years.. if you can get past/around some of those nasty artifacts that pop up in some sounds/renders.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 12 months ago by Synthetech.
                  Hecticcc
                  Participant
                    • ★★

My bad, forgot to add a safety @ startup, it tries to read a value that does not exist yet. Fixed in atteched panel.

If you have questions ask away, i will try to help where i can in a “reasonable” timeframe.
                    Lua may look daunting in the beginning but once you get the hang of it you can do very cool stuff. For samplers it’s the way to go imo; so many variable parameters compared to synths that always have a fixed number of parameters.

It does take alot of figuring out though, i started the emu Eos panel roughly 8 months ago and am now getting to a stage where i know enough to make it a “decent” panel. Been rewriting it for about 2 months now & it will be alot better than the one available now (which does work but is not well written knowing what i know now…)

• This reply was modified 10 years, 12 months ago by Hecticcc.
                    Attachments:
                    atom
                    Keymaster
                      • ★★★★★

What type of a modulator/uiComponent are you using ? Can you post an example of a panel with just a component that does not work so i can replicate the issue ?

Hecticcc
                      Participant
                        • ★★

It’s a standard inc/dec button, i’ll make a quick mockup panel when i’m at my own computer.

Hecticcc
                        Participant
                          • ★★

Made a quick example of what i mean. Look @ what the console says when you adjust modulator one and modulator 2.

Thinking about it makes sense though;

-Using the expressions did not work because there is no midi being processed, only internal Lua data being thrown around so the substraction never happens.

-The script attached to the “asking” modulator fetches the value of the “originator” modulator, sees its current value and takes that in unaltered (of course)

So the only way to bridge the offset of 1 is to do it @ runtime, as far as i can tell. Or maybe is there some other way to implement this offset?

Attachments:
                          atom
                          Keymaster
                            • ★★★★★

This looks ok, the expressions are not processed without MIDI. Lua fetches the raw data, it does it the way it’s there. Expressions are a replacement for LUA not really a complement, i advise using either one or the other, using them both is just over complicating stuff. Lua can do everything that expressions do and more so use that all the way, easier to maintain later on.

Hecticcc
                            Participant
                              • ★★

Thanks for looking into it Atom, i’m glad i figured out the how/why by myself also; seems i’m slowly getting the hang of it 🙂

dreamer
                              Participant
                                • Topics: 0
                                • Replies: 14
                                • Total: 14

Hey Hecticcc, how have you progressed on this panel?

I’m getting an s2000 soon and am very interested in using Ctrlr with it.

pascalc
                                Participant
                                  • Topics: 7
                                  • Replies: 27
                                  • Total: 34

Hi,

What is the status of this panel? I recently bought an S2000 and am currently thinking of creating a panel for it.

I would be happy to contribute to the work you have done so far and help out in finalizing this panel.

BR
                                  /Pascal

pascalc
                                  Participant
                                    • Topics: 7
                                    • Replies: 27
                                    • Total: 34

I think this thread shoudl continue here: http://ctrlr.org/forums/topic/akai-s2000/

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
                                  • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                                  There is currently 0 users and 73 guests online
                                  No users are currently active
                                  Forum Statistics
                                  Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                                  Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                                  Ctrlr