Andromeda a6 sysex

Home Forums General General MIDI discussion Andromeda a6 sysex

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    hlzdnb666
    Participant
      • Topics: 2
      • Replies: 2
      • Total: 4

hi guys, i need some help with this, as i’m not so familiar with ctrlr expression and other stuff, well basically i’m a newbee!¬
      Now the andromeda has an unusual midi parameter edit calculation :

0E – MIDI Editing
      F0 00 00 0E 1D 0E F7 = The parent page of the parameter to be edited
      = child ID of parameter to be edited
      = Mix channel number and most significant bits (bits 14-16) of parameter’s data
      = Bits 7-13 of parameter’s data
      = Least significant bits (bits 0-6) of parameter’s data
      All parameters to be edited must be sent in this format (12 MIDI bytes), regardless of the number
      of bits required to transmit the value of the parameter. When the A6 receives this message, it will
      change the specified parameter in the specified mix channel to the new data value. The mix
      channel number is specified in with the format 0xxx xyyy, where xxxx is the mix channel
      number (0-15) and yyy are the uppermost bits (bits 14-16) of the parameter data. In program
      mode, the mix channel number is ignored and the edit will be applied to the program edit buffer
      and A6’s screen will show the result of the edit. In mix mode, the result of the edit will be shown
      only if the edit occurred in the currently selected mix channel on the A6. If the edit happened to a
      mix channel not currently selected on the A6, the edit will still occur, but it won’t be displayed.
      The parameter data is a 17-bit number 2’s complement signed number.

that said to make my life easier i’m monitoring the great andromeda ipad editor by boele gerke through midi ox. Let’s take for example the oscillator 1 .
      The oscillator has a range -60 tp 60.

F0 00 00 0E 1D 0E 10 00 7F 7F 44 F7 = -60
      F0 00 00 0E 1D 0E 0F 1D 00 00 01 F7 = 0
      F0 00 00 0E 1D 0E 0F 00 00 00 3C F7 = +60

now, i’m able to have both positive and negative values be sent but using 2 modulator, can anyone enlighten me , given these 3 sysex values, how to write the correct sysex formula and if there are any expression involved? thx in advance for your help

Puppeteer
      Participant
        • Topics: 16
        • Replies: 185
        • Total: 201
        • ★★

I think you’ll need to do this through LUA. I think the simple SYSEX formulas in the modulator bar can only handle an MSB and LSB value only. Anything more complex will require LUA.

The Puppeteer
        http://godlike.com.au

hlzdnb666
        Participant
          • Topics: 2
          • Replies: 2
          • Total: 4

i think so, not good, cause simply i’m not familiar at all with lua script

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • The forum ‘General MIDI discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.
        There is currently 0 users and 71 guests online
        No users are currently active
        Forum Statistics
        Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
        Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
        Ctrlr