Any news on the Global Program Manager ?

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr Any news on the Global Program Manager ?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    moroe
    Participant
      • Topics: 2
      • Replies: 9
      • Total: 11

Hello

Are there any news on the Global Program Manager feature ?

Would like to organize and use all my synth presets in NI Maschine.

Greets

Moroe

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

It’s being worked on. I hop to have something to show you in 2 weeks i think. I’ll be testing this with the Mopho panel and i’ll let you know when it will come out.

moroe
        Participant

Great !!

Thx for quick answer

msepsis
          Participant
            • Topics: 219
            • Replies: 732
            • Total: 951
            • ★★★

I’m also curious how this is going now.. I know youve had your hands full but just curious in the meantime if i should even bother trying to get it to work yet on either the latest mac or win nightlies?

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

atom
            Keymaster
              • ★★★★★

Yeah it’s actually getting along. You can see that a lot has changes in the “Program Manager” window. I’m currently finishing the whole “conversation” process ctrlr<->device. I’m testing it with the “Identity request/response” scheme defined in the MIDI standard. Once i get around all the issues with that, the rest (programs, banks, firmware, custom data) will be done exactly the same.

You can see how that’s coming along in the Changelog, i did a lot today but had to revert a lot of the changes due to bugs in a 3rd party library i wanted to use, now i have to implement that part myself.

zeoka
              Participant
                • Topics: 73
                • Replies: 466
                • Total: 539
                • ★★★

Hmm miam miam !

Thank you chief !

bgribble
                Participant
                  • Topics: 0
                  • Replies: 6
                  • Total: 6

I am really slobbering for this Mopho panel. After getting a taste with the old panel, the idea of being able to pick apart the presets and learn from them under Linux is just too exciting. Thanks for all the work!

atom
                  Keymaster
                    • ★★★★★

Well i’m at a point where i need to figure out good ways (multiple) to index the modulators in a panel and assign values to them bases on data dumps from the device. I’d like to transfer as much as possible to Ctrlr and keep the Lua code to a minimal but i know that will be very hard. The first panel that will have this implemented will be the Mopho panel and/or the Evolver panel (since it has custom waveforms).

moroe
                    Participant

hi

i only have a mopho (no evolver)

i could do some tests

greets

moroe

moroe
                      Participant

Please do +- buttons in the main window for sending next/previous presets to synth

Also two buttons for request presets (singledumps, multidumps) from synth

Maybe +- buttons to change to the next/previous folders in the program manager

Would be nice if we could control the buttons via cc controlers,self defineable sysex or as vsti parameter (then we could use buttons on the NI Maschine to control them)

I love to work with hardware synths without looking at the pc monitor all the time.

A Button for the option to automaticly save a requested (from synth) preset, with a default name and ascendig numbers (also controlable via cc controlers,sysex or as vsti parameter

Greets

Moroe

atom
                        Keymaster
                          • ★★★★★

Where to add those UI components, i don’t want to add a toolbar, i’ve already done it and nothing good came out of it. Any other ideas ? (sidebar, floating toolbar, status bar?)

Also i added an example panel that might help with program dumps, it shows two methods that can read/write a panel state quickly. It will work only with the latest nightly that i’ll build this weekend.

moroe
                          Participant

Hello

I would like to have a fixed area at the top of the interface.
                            Maybe a option to hide when someone will not use it.

Must not be a toolbar, it could be standardly implemented in the whole gui/interface (with option to hide).

If you dont wanna do a dedicated toolbar/area for the controls, maybe you could implement the control features so that they cant be seen in the main gui.
                            But the controls in the ctrlr vsti have to be accessed via a daw (in my case NI Maschine)

I waited so long for a proper program manager in vsti format.
                            And the addition to control via hardware buttons would make it so much easier and faster.

I will use ctrlr only because of its program manager and the ability to save presets with the whole daw project.
                            I dont use the editor capabilities of ctrlr, because i control my synhts hands on only.

I would also love to see a randomize function for presets with 2 options:

1) Randomize the selected preset (with amount control) and send it to synth
                            With button and undo button.

2) Randomize with inclusion of the other presets
                            It selects elements from different, already programmed sounds in the library or bank and recombines them to new sounds.

The Radikal Accelerator Synth has this feature and normally you get really great new sounds, because there isnt so much accident.

There should also be the actual loaded preset be shown in the control toolbar/area.

Many wishes, but you would really make me euphoric.

Greets

Moroe

• This reply was modified 10 years, 10 months ago by moroe.
                          Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                          There is currently 0 users and 69 guests online
                          No users are currently active
                          Forum Statistics
                          Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                          Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                          Ctrlr