AU CTRLR in Digital Performer

Home Forums General General MIDI discussion AU CTRLR in Digital Performer

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bulghur
    Participant
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 1
      • Total: 2

Hello,

I have successfully set up CRTLR to run in my OSX environment and even played around creating part of an editor. However, I am unable to get the AU version to appear in Digital Performer 5.13. I am on OSX 10.6.8. I tried rolling the AU and the VST into the appropriate folders on both the ROOT Library/Audio… and the USER Library/Audio/… and Digital Performer detected and accepted the AU. However, it does not appear in the drop down. I have searched this forum and found very little on the process required to get the in-host version to work. What should I try?

Thanks,

Bulghur

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

Did you try a different DAW ? for example Reaper is free, download it and see if that opens up Ctrlr with your setup, you’ll be able to tell if it’s the DigitalPerformer at fault or is it Ctrlr.

bulghur
        Participant
          • Topics: 1
          • Replies: 1
          • Total: 2

Thanks Atom,

I was not familiar with Reaper but downloaded it and, yes, a controller instance appears. However, I am not able to send any messages to a device — I am experimenting with the Microwave XT.

Any tips from here?

Thanks,

Bulghur

msepsis
          Participant
            • Topics: 219
            • Replies: 732
            • Total: 951
            • ★★★

Yes.. first and foremost do you have the MIDI in and MIDI out devices defined in the panel? You need to select the devices that connect to/from your XT. That is done in the top toolbar. You may want to open the toolbar preferences (icon looks like a brown package with a gear) and change "Show icons only" to "Show icons and descriptions"… The setting normally sticks, but it’s a current bug w/ Juce (not ctrlr) which Jules should be addressing soon.

Next, You want to open the panel preferences (right/option click anywhere on panel, or click the icon in the panel’s toolbar that looks like HAL (the red eye).
            Enable "Output MIDI to Host" and "Accept MIDI from Host", then you should get communication between the daw and the panel.

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • The forum ‘General MIDI discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.
          There is currently 0 users and 93 guests online
          No users are currently active
          Forum Statistics
          Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
          Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
          Ctrlr