Beware with your MIDI interface….!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Home Forums General General MIDI discussion Beware with your MIDI interface….!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    pirufly
    Participant
      • Topics: 7
      • Replies: 6
      • Total: 13

Hello people!
      During long time ago I had been experimenting some MIDI disturbances….
      at last, when I will go to update the software of my JoMoX…, it has an napplication wich checks your MIDI interface, and tells you if it’s suitable for the procedure……
      It saids me: DON’T UPDATE THE UNIT WITH THAT INTERFACE (MOTU MIDI Express 128, don’t buy one!).
      Look for information on the web about MIDI interfaces (the most populars are not always the best…..), and choose one that can handle Sysex peoperly….
      Perhaps for those in the past I have some problems with the controllers…… next week I’ll check again the controllers after check the properly functionallity of my new one ( ..not new..) MIDI interface…

THANKS TO ATOM FOR HIS WORK.

wavesequence
      Participant
        • Topics: 2
        • Replies: 4
        • Total: 6

This sounds quite strange to me…I have a MIDI network made up of 3 Midi Express 128 (384 MIDI independent channels) and they flawlessly run both under OSX 10.6.8, OSX 10.4.11 and OS9.2.2

Without music life would be a mistake

msepsis
        Participant
          • Topics: 219
          • Replies: 732
          • Total: 951
          • ★★★
          "wavesequence":3gauxvh2 wrote:
          This sounds quite strange to me…[/quote:3gauxvh2]

yeeeah… which is prolly why nobody really touched this thread till now. (he posted this at the beginning of 2011).

I’ve used motu midi interfaces since the 90s and have rarely had much issue — windows XP, os X.. linux is another story, but that’s motu. I’ve had/still have/used heavily: the pocket express, MTPAV both parallel and USB versions, MIDI express XT parallel.. everybody has a different story though. I guess I can’t speak for the express 128 but if at any point I’ve had an issue with any of these devices (some picked up on ebay) it’s only been that the ROM chip is outdated. MOTU still sells them to this day, they’re cheap and they ship them incredibly quickly. MOTU’s support has always been astounding in my experiences when I’ve needed them.

I’d be interested if anyone here has any experience with the ESI M8u XL? It’s the only 8-port interface I know of that supposedly works well under linux. I don’t use linux often for MIDI but it would be nice to have one on my xp/kxstudio box as kxstudio just kicks ass and has continued to get better and better.

[url:3gauxvh2]http://www.esi-audio.com/products/m8uxl/[/url:3gauxvh2]

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

atom
          Keymaster
            • Topics: 159
            • Replies: 2945
            • Total: 3104
            • ★★★★★

I use the m8u xl didn’t have any problems with it so far, i run it on win7 x64.

jdieks
            Participant
              • Topics: 0
              • Replies: 12
              • Total: 12
              "msepsis":2zvj480g wrote:
              I’d be interested if anyone here has any experience with the ESI M8u XL? It’s the only 8-port interface I know of that supposedly works well under linux. I don’t use linux often for MIDI but it would be nice to have one on my xp/kxstudio box as kxstudio just kicks ass and has continued to get better and better.

[url:2zvj480g]http://www.esi-audio.com/products/m8uxl/[/url:2zvj480g][/quote:2zvj480g]

I recently swaped my Motu for this one and I’m happy I did… The timing seems tighter (could be my imagination of cource) and the Motu always had problems when resetting the computer in windows (XP and 7×64) where it would "look" as if it’s turned on but Cubase/Nuendo could not find it. Had to unplug the USB cable and replug it to make it work.

Jonny Controlletti
              Participant
                • Topics: 0
                • Replies: 1
                • Total: 1

http://www.alyseum.com

Anybody using these?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • The forum ‘General MIDI discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.
              There is currently 0 users and 51 guests online
              No users are currently active
              Forum Statistics
              Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
              Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
              Ctrlr