Build problem

Home Forums General Programming Build problem

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    gravitron
    Participant
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 0
      • Total: 1

Hi!

I’m getting 3 tiny build errors when trying to compile EdoController in Visual Studio Express 2008. I get the following errors:

[code:3i9wflav]
      1>c:develctrlredocontrolleredocontroller.cpp(11) : error C2259: ‘EdoController’ : cannot instantiate abstract class
      1> due to following members:
      1> ‘bool juce::AudioProcessor::hasEditor(void) const’ : is abstract
      1> c:develjucesrcaudioprocessorsjuce_audioprocessor.h(347) : see declaration of ‘juce::AudioProcessor::hasEditor’

1>c:develctrlredocontrolleredomodulatoredomodulator.cpp(19) : error C2248: ‘juce::String::operator bool’ : cannot access private member declared in class ‘juce::String’
      1> c:develjucesrctextjuce_string.h(1059) : see declaration of ‘juce::String::operator bool’
      1> c:develjucesrctextjuce_string.h(44) : see declaration of ‘juce::String’

1>c:develctrlredocontrolleredomodulatormanageredomodulatormanagermidi.cpp(57) : error C2248: ‘juce::String::operator bool’ : cannot access private member declared in class ‘juce::String’
      1> c:develjucesrctextjuce_string.h(1059) : see declaration of ‘juce::String::operator bool’
      1> c:develjucesrctextjuce_string.h(44) : see declaration of ‘juce::String’
      [/code:3i9wflav]

This is using ctrlr SVN and JUCE git from last night. Looks like it’s due to recent changes to JUCE.

EdoController returns an editor in createEditor so I fixed the first error by adding this to EdoController.cpp (& declaration in EdoController.h)
      [code:3i9wflav]
      //==============================================================================
      bool EdoController::hasEditor() const
      {
      return true;
      }
      [/code:3i9wflav]

But for the other two errors due to strings cast compared with bool’s I’m not sure of the proper fix. I fixed them in my code by changing the implicit or explicit cast to bool with "!= String::empty". Is that correct?

Thanks
      Tom

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

yeah i just fixed that but its not in the SVN yet, i’ll update them asap.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • The forum ‘Programming’ is closed to new topics and replies.
      There is currently 0 users and 56 guests online
      No users are currently active
      Forum Statistics
      Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
      Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
      Ctrlr