Cache file

Home Forums General Programming Cache file

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    netchose
    Participant
      • Topics: 15
      • Replies: 70
      • Total: 85

i have observed how others editors work, and how they optimise midi data exchange.
      and i have noticed they synchronise a cache file.

i have the possibility to do the same thing by saving data in modulators but maybe you have a project about that ?

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

how do you want to "optimize" your midi data exchange ? why would you like to cache anything to disk ? with the amount of RAM in todays computers and the size of MIDI data (even the largest sysex dumps) using files will cause slow downs (serious ones)

netchose
        Participant
          • Topics: 15
          • Replies: 70
          • Total: 85

i’m about to finish a big part of the polyEvolver project : the combo and 4 voices + seq are sync with dump request.

but the last problem is before i upload the file : when you change a combo, the editor request 1 combo + 4 programs : this "cost" 5 seconds.
          you have to space your request of one second, otherwise, the polyevolver doesn’t respond well.

so in order to solve this problem, i would like save program parameters on the computer, so when you will change of combo, the editor will not request 4 programs. it will take it from disk and i think, it will be faster.

i ve seen the soundtower editor do the same thing, but only for programs name

atom
          Keymaster
            • Topics: 159
            • Replies: 2945
            • Total: 3104
            • ★★★★★

you can save stuff to files if you like using the File() class it’s there and you can use that, but like i wrote keep in mind that the files are much slower than memory, if you don’t have to don’t put stuff on disk.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • The forum ‘Programming’ is closed to new topics and replies.
          There is currently 0 users and 63 guests online
          No users are currently active
          Forum Statistics
          Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
          Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
          Ctrlr