Can I copy all the faders from one tab to another without copying all the tabs?

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr Can I copy all the faders from one tab to another without copying all the tabs?

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    ats
    Participant
      • Topics: 2
      • Replies: 13
      • Total: 15

I just got a PCM70 i would love to be able to control it via software Any chance of downloading this PCM70 panel somewhere?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by ats.
      zmix
      Participant
        • Topics: 9
        • Replies: 65
        • Total: 74

It’s a work in progress, I’ve created separate panels for the Hall, chamber and Plate algos, but need to figure out how to access each of these algos from the same panel…

ats
        Participant

I appreciate all the hard work you have put into it so far. i’d be more than happy to join forces with you in the effort. In addition to the PCM70 i have a couple of PCM81’s and a PCM91 i’d love to adapt it to as well. I’m willing to start with a blank canvas but if your willing to share your efforts so far it will give a really good push down what i suspect will be a long tedious road.

zmix
          Participant

I’m still trying to work out a good way to call up a specific algo for editing, at the moment I’m simply sending a “default” preset via Sysex, and clumsily the the algos I’ve done are all on separate panels, not ideal.

If you want to help, maybe you can work out this rudimentary part of the process?

ats
            Participant

I can certianly give it a shot.

ats
              Participant

I just told my wife i love her in hex , she told me to 01100111 01100101 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01100110 01110101 01100011 01101011 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01101100 01101001 01100110 01100101.

Maybe i need to take a break and get a lil fresh air 😀

human fly
                Participant
                  • Topics: 124
                  • Replies: 1070
                  • Total: 1194
                  • ★★★★

😀 😀 😀 brilliant

ats
                  Participant

On a serious note how are you handling slider/display values for parameters that depend on the size parameter value?

human fly
                    Participant
                      • ★★★★

do you mean incoming sysex hex bytes?

zmix
                      Participant

On a serious note how are you handling slider/display values for parameters that depend on the size parameter value?

There is a complex formula in the Lexicon manual to calculate the decay times based on the size parameter, but I’m not sure how to implement that, I’m not well versed in LUA..

For Size and other parameters that have a specific set of values (HC freq, etc) I use a list / lookup table to display the correct values

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by zmix.
                        dnaldoog
                        Participant
                          • Topics: 4
                          • Replies: 480
                          • Total: 484
                          • ★★

more detail?

ats
                          Participant

do you mean incoming sysex hex bytes?

more detail?

No , on the PCM70 some of the displayed values for certain parameters vary based on the value of the “Size” parameter. As an example if your Size parm is dialed down say 4.2 meters you can sweep a range of 0-856 ms on the REFL Delay L1 slider. If you bump the Size value up to say 34.7 meters a full sweep on the REFL Delay L1 slider will only go from 0-440 ms. So to the slider contents can’t be a static value if you want it to reflect what the display on the unit reads.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by ats.
                            Attachments:
                            You must be logged in to view attached files.
                            ats
                            Participant

There is a complex formula to calculate the decay times based on the size parameter, but I’m not sure how to implement that, I’m not well versed in LUA..

For Size and other parameters I use a list / lookup table to display the correct values

Yeah i i’m starting out kinda like you on your first post. CTRLR is totally new to me but i’m fumbling my way through. Interesting that your using lookup tables for the other parms. I just finished the Concert Hall Algo today , everything is working great other than the size dependent values being displayed correctly but i worked around it so i have the full sweep no matter what the size parm is. Fun stuff so far

i’m taking a look at LUA now to see what i can come up with.

ats
                              Participant

Zmix,

I built my panel from the data on page 6-9 of the PCM70 manual , when i got down to row 4 it lists REFL L1 , L2 & L3 , but L3 is unavailable on my hardware same with R3 . is that the same on your PCM? I’m on firmware 3.01

zmix
                                Participant

Zmix,

I built my panel from the data on page 6-9 of the PCM70 manual , when i got down to row 4 it lists REFL L1 , L2 & L3 , but L3 is unavailable on my hardware same with R3 . is that the same on your PCM? I’m on firmware 3.01

Yes, Byte 105, 106 and 111, 112 (L3/R3) in the concert hall is clearly a typo in the manual. Some of the other algos, such as the Chamber and Plate have additional reflections available.

I revised my reply above to be slightly more detailed, but since I use my Ctrlr panel as an AU plugin controlled by a mackie C4, I don’t care too much about the parameter readout per se, as I tweak the reverb by ear…

zmix
                                  Participant

This is what my PCM-70 Concert Hall Panel looks like.

I grouped the parameters into 8 columns so that they would appear on my Mackie C4 in the order they appear in the PCM-70. I also maintained the rows as they appear in the hardware, to better facilitate familiarity (when you have 29 parameters it get’s tedious to remember where everything is).

Here is my first version:zmix PCM-70 rev 1

And here is my current version, with parameter values, but many uncalculated values (luckily most parameters only have a range of 0-99).
                                    zmix current PCM-70 panel version

Attachments:
                                    You must be logged in to view attached files.
                                    dnaldoog
                                    Participant
                                      • Topics: 4
                                      • Replies: 480
                                      • Total: 484
                                      • ★★

Don’t know if this will help and it’s kind of untested pseudo code, but something like??

t={
                                      "RT_LOW"={496,527,10}
                                      --this could be a table of all those "depends on size listings" or just part of a table of all values
                                      }

function returnDisplayedSize(mod,value)
                                      sName=mod:L(getName()) -- the name of the controller could be RT_LOW
                                      local min=t[sName][1]
                                      local max =t[sName][2]
                                      local lowLimit==t[sName][3] -- ????????? not sure where this is listed
                                      local sizeValue=value-lowLimit
                                      local displayedSize = (sizeValue+min)*71/100
                                      panel:getModulatorByName("labelName"):getComponent():setPropertyString("uiLabelText"displayedSize)
                                      end -- function

Here you have a slider named “RT_LOW” and it prints the displayed size to a label component named “labelName”.

I don’t have a PCM-70 and only quickly scanned the manual and I wasn’t sure what they mean by parameter low limit.

Regards,

human fly
                                      Participant
                                        • ★★★★

what’s the resolution of the parameters, do they go
                                        in steps, or continuous, fine increments? is it practical
                                        to get values from a table? maybe show us a page from the
                                        sysex data sheet.

ats
                                        Participant

This is what my PCM-70 Concert Hall Panel looks like:

Nice i like it! Thanks for confirming the extra parms were a typo in the manual , i was starting to think i had defective/incomplete firmware : LOL

ats
                                          Participant

Don’t know if this will help and it’s kind of untested pseudo code, but something like??

t={
                                            "RT_LOW"={496,527,10}
                                            --this could be a table of all those "depends on size listings" or just part of a table of all values
                                            }

function returnDisplayedSize(mod,value)
                                            sName=mod:L(getName()) -- the name of the controller could be RT_LOW
                                            local min=t[sName][1]
                                            local max =t[sName][2]
                                            local lowLimit==t[sName][3] -- ????????? not sure where this is listed
                                            local sizeValue=value-lowLimit
                                            local displayedSize = (sizeValue+min)*71/100
                                            panel:getModulatorByName("labelName"):getComponent():setPropertyString("uiLabelText"displayedSize)
                                            end -- function

Here you have a slider named “RT_LOW” and it prints the displayed size to a label component named “labelName”.

I don’t have a PCM-70 and only quickly scanned the manual and I wasn’t sure what they mean by parameter low limit.

Regards,

Thanks so much for that i’m headed off to work and will check it out later on tonight.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 89 total)
                                          • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                                          There is currently 0 users and 52 guests online
                                          No users are currently active
                                          Forum Statistics
                                          Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                                          Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                                          Ctrlr