can’t drag groups onto other groups and tabs.

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr can’t drag groups onto other groups and tabs.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    stoecklem
    Participant
      • Topics: 2
      • Replies: 22
      • Total: 24

Hello

I’m building my first panel and learning a lot. And please excuse me if I am missing things and am completely wrong or I should be filling out bug reports, but I just wanted to report and suggest some things. Some things don’t seem to be working or not as intuitive as it could be which is making it very hard to get this panel complete.

-selecting multiple things and moving them does not seem to be possible(im sure I could be missing something here). I would like to be able to move around multiple selections and drag them into tabs and groups.

– there seem to be problems with groups not being able to be dragged into other groups. And definitely not a tabbed group. This seems to happen when I have a group finished and ready and I want to drag that whole group into a tab. It just doesnt work. For my first panel for the microwave I’m just using the tedious and straightforward method of having a group with eight seperate tabs for the eight instruments. so I have it done in the first tab and just want to copy that layout to each of the other tabs. This seems to be impossible right now. I can’t drag a group into the other tabs. It might be nice to be able to select a group or tab and then have a "paste into" command. ( Next thing I’m going to learn is how to use global variables, so I might not continue down this route).

Again sorry if I just need to work with it more and learn what I’m doing.

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

to drag multiple selected stuff just hold shift, as for dragging groups into tabs, to be honest i never coded anything special for that, i’ll have a look and get back to you.

stoecklem
        Participant

Thanks! ah.. shift. definitely should have figured that one out.

atom
          Keymaster
            • ★★★★★

I just remembered that i dragged groups into tabs in my Mopho panel so it should be possible.

stoecklem
            Participant

I just did a test. It seems its no problem dragging the group into the first tab. Its dragging groups into any of the other tabs that doesn’t work. (an empty group does work though)

stoecklem
              Participant

I continue to have a lot of trouble with this on mac and pc versions. Its weird. I can’t pin it down what happens, but it happens every time I try to make a panel with tabs. At some I can’t copy modulators from one tab and then paste them… then drag them onto another tab. it only works with a brand new modulator.

I would like to be able to easily copy a whole tab of modulators to another tab. Is there a way to do this by copying xml code or anything? I don’t need every instrument of a multi, just a few depending on the synth. Like right now I’m working on a q panel and I want to make four tabs for four instruments but this problem is frustrating. I still haven’t finished my first panel but I should have a lot posted to the database soon.

atom
                Keymaster
                  • ★★★★★

One thing i can help with is dragging components onto tabs, you need to select the tab as active and that tab will receive the components dragged at. if you have the tab1 as the active one components will land on that, but click on another tab and components will end up on the one selected.

atom
                  Keymaster
                    • ★★★★★

Also if you wish to edit the XML witch i advise against. Each component has a special property (or a pair of properties) when it belongs to a group or to a tab.

For tabs:
                    [code:1kdn9kpg]
                    componentTabName="tabComponent" — the name of the Tab component
                    componentTabId="0" — the index of the tab within the Tab component
                    [/code:1kdn9kpg]

For groups
                    [code:1kdn9kpg]
                    componentGroupName="groupComponent" — the name of the group Component
                    [/code:1kdn9kpg]

You can see that in the Utility tab on the property pane, it’s in the XML of the <component /> element. Also please remember that changing those properties will affect their position, the rectangle that the component has will be relative to the group/tab component, not to the panel anymore, so remember to change the rectangle too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                  There is currently 0 users and 77 guests online
                  No users are currently active
                  Forum Statistics
                  Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                  Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                  Ctrlr