ctrlr vst issue win vista / live 8.34

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr ctrlr vst issue win vista / live 8.34

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    msepsis
    Participant
      • Topics: 219
      • Replies: 732
      • Total: 951
      • ★★★

I have a user of a vst editor I exported from 1547 that is complaining of a weird message that appears after loading the VST.. here are his notes, any ideas what is causing this or how to resolve it?

Having problems with the VST in Live 8.3.4.
      It opens up with a sort of separated title bar that says “this is a dumb cntrl wrapper “. The editor’s interface doesn’t fit on my screen, but I can’t drag it around directly- I have to drag the other title bar instead, which is kind of fiddly. I’m guessing if the other title bar were hidden then we could just grab the window of the editor to move it?

There are two different issues described, i’m mainly concerned about hiding the “dumb cntrlr wrapper” message. I don’t completely understand the second issue but I believe he just needs to drag out the main vst window from the bottom right corner, then drag out the bottom right corner of the ctrlr panel’s interface.

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

The “dumb wrapper” is a MUST when using Live on Window, if it’s not used the plugin doesn’t get keyboard focus. I hardcoded that though i should have given that as an option when exporting instances. I’ll do that.

And yes you need to drag the wrapper not the plugin window itself to move the editor.

I’ll think of a way to make this a setting, it’s hard because it has to be set before anything is loaded.

msepsis
        Participant
          • ★★★

Thanks for the reply here. I’ll pass the info on.

msepsis
          Participant
            • ★★★

The “dumb wrapper” is a MUST when using Live on Window, if it’s not used the plugin doesn’t get keyboard focus. I hardcoded that though i should have given that as an option when exporting instances. I’ll do that.

whatever works. if the dumb wrapper is necessary could the txt “this is a dumb wrapper” just be removed or replaced with something else less invoking?

atom
            Keymaster
              • Topics: 159
              • Replies: 2945
              • Total: 3104
              • ★★★★★

Sure, i’ll do that.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
            There is currently 0 users and 89 guests online
            No users are currently active
            Forum Statistics
            Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
            Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
            Ctrlr