desperate noob needs help with multi/sysex

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr desperate noob needs help with multi/sysex

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ooze
    Participant
      • Topics: 8
      • Replies: 18
      • Total: 26

[b:d6iyf4xy]First of all thanks so much Atom for doing all this, Ctrlr looks incredible!![/b:d6iyf4xy]

[attachment=3:d6iyf4xy]rozzbox cubase device panel.jpg[/attachment:d6iyf4xy]
      I have built this Cubase device panel (above) for my Rozzbox, in was a pita to map all the NRPN stuff, but somehow I got everything to work. Now I definitely want to build a new and better panel with Ctrlr so I can edit my Rozzbox when working with Ableton alone, without having to rewire Cubase. I built this Cubase panel only by trial and error, I have no clue about all the numbers and I never will have (NOOB!). On the other hand, once I understand where I have to put in which value, I’m able to struggle through the jungle. I’d highly appreciate if someone could help me out on this one little example and just tell me what to put in where:

Let’s say I want to build a Ctrlr slider to control the "filter 1 cutoff" of the Rozzbox. The Rozzbox manual tells me that CC 6 is for NRPN Input (coarse) and that CC 38 is for NRPN Input (fine). For "filter 1 cutoff" the NRPN-chart tells me that CC 99 (MSB) must be "0" and CC 98 (LSB) must be "25". This was easy to do with the Cubase device panel editor, because I only had to set the control element (slider) to "NRPN + Data Entry 14 Bit" and set the NRPN Nr. to "25". Here’s what the Cubase device panel editor’s inspector shows about the slider for filter 1 cutoff (click on pic to enlarge):
      [attachment=2:d6iyf4xy]rozz filter specs.jpg[/attachment:d6iyf4xy]

Now I have no idea how to set this up in Ctrlr, though I easily managed to set up a Ctrlr-slider to control the rozzbox with CC’s (but that simply doesn’t cover it, still too much submenu diving, I need the NRPN-stuff).

So if I want to control the "filter 1 cutoff" with a Ctrlr-slider set to "Multi", how many and what messages would I have to add? When I want to add one this window pops up and wants me to fill in lots of info, it drives me mad. And what value will I set the "midi controller number" to since as a CC it’s "just in the way" when I use a NRPN message bundle…? If anyone could help me – it’s really just a bunch of numbers. Once I get it for this one parameter ("filter 1 cutoff") I should be able to do the rest alone:
      [attachment=1:d6iyf4xy]ctrlr multi.jpg[/attachment:d6iyf4xy]

Or should I set the slider to "sysex"? I tried to take the sysex code (B0 63 00 B0 62 19 B0 06 7F B0 26 7F) created automatically by the cubase device panel inspector (see pic) and fill it into the sysex formula field of the Ctrlr slider (length = 12). Both the "7F" parts changed when I moved the slider in the cubase device panel, so I tried replacing them in the Ctrlr slider with "xx" or any "lsb"/"msb" combination, but without success. Mabye someone has an idea what I’d have to fill in the sysex formula…?
      [attachment=0:d6iyf4xy]ctrlr sysex.jpg[/attachment:d6iyf4xy]

Sorry for being such a 1st-post-killer-noob, but I’ve tried and tried and tried for so long, I really need your help. And as I said, I’m sure I’ll be able to handle most of it alone once you’ve explained how to set up this one slider to me like you would explain it to a little baby…

ooze
      Participant
        • Topics: 8
        • Replies: 18
        • Total: 26

update: trial & error rules!

I found out that I have to select "multi" and insert "NRPN Korg" as pre-defined message. This way the "MIDI controller number" acts exactly the same way as the "NRPN Nr." in the Cubase device panel editor. So now I know how to adress a certain Rozzbox-parameter with a Ctrlr-element :idea:

Now I have to find out how to set up the sliders and buttons correctly to match the value range of the Rozzbox-parameters…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
      There is currently 0 users and 67 guests online
      No users are currently active
      Forum Statistics
      Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
      Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
      Ctrlr