Did I mess up my Panel size?

Home Forums General Panels, Components, Macros Did I mess up my Panel size?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    llatham
    Participant
      • Topics: 6
      • Replies: 15
      • Total: 21

I think I may have made a mistake and worked backwards – creating components that I enlarged and increased font size on first so I could see them, then working at various zoom levels – I had to zoom out all the way to be able to fit everything I wanted on the screen to work (and drag out the grid so I had working space around everything.

I’ve downloaded a couple of others and they open much smaller when zoomed all the way out – the whole panel fits in the original sized (or close to it) canvas. I see they have numbers like 0 0 500 500 – ish, while I had to make mine 0 0 2500 1500 to be big enough to extend a bit past the components (so I could see what I was doing).

So when you zoom all the way out on mine it still fills the screen rather than just being like the upper left corner of the program window

Did I make a massive mistake here? Is it at all “resizable” or is an end user just going to open it and get only a portion of it?

I have a feeling I may need to start over again from scratch…which I may just do anyway because I now know I should have started with the Tabs, then the Groups, then put the Components in.

But I want to make sure I work with the right size elements. But it’s too small to work on the screen without zooming in.

Panel attached

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      dnaldoog
      Participant
        • Topics: 4
        • Replies: 480
        • Total: 484
        • ★★

So there is a problem there – you have set all the components to a too large size making the panel itself too large.

See solution in post #post-120399 below

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by dnaldoog.
        • This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by dnaldoog. Reason: added function example and new panel
        • This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by dnaldoog. Reason: removed function example
        llatham
        Participant
          • Topics: 6
          • Replies: 15
          • Total: 21

I think I’m going to just start from scratch based on this size panel.

I forgot I had started by putting two spaces where it said “Modulator 1” and put another name on there. I appreciate you going through all that trouble to fix them!

The Lua stuff is probably beyond me.

I think you’re talking about the layers to fix this right?

I hope if I can stick with the Tabs, combos, and components, and I’ll be OK if I start off at the right size.

dnaldoog
          Participant
            • ★★

Hi llatham,

Here is a panel which should serve as a template for a new panel.

I created 4 layers for four partials, each with a separate control.

A global variable k3 is set in an init script that changes the sysex for each partial and is changed by the uiCombo callback function.

It should give you a start for working out how to change sysex depending on which partial is selected. It might be safer to just edit each sysex value per partial manually, but that will be a lot of work.

I haven’t consulted the manual for correct figures.

I put the offsets into a lua table partialOffset={0x20,0x40,0x60,0x7f} with arbitrary figures. Unfortunately this does involve lua!

Regards,

John

example panel for Roland FA06

Attachments:
            You must be logged in to view attached files.
            dnaldoog
            Participant
              • ★★

That code is really only for other people to reference as it contains some interesting functionality. It would never be used in your panel. I posted it there to be able to refer back to it down the track! 🙂
              That code is really only for other people to reference as it contains some interesting functionality. It would never be used in your panel. I posted it there to be able to refer back to it down the track! 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The forum ‘Panels, Components, Macros’ is closed to new topics and replies.
            There is currently 0 users and 61 guests online
            No users are currently active
            Forum Statistics
            Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
            Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
            Ctrlr