Dissecting complex CTRLR panels

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr Dissecting complex CTRLR panels

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    reklamchef
    Participant
      • Topics: 18
      • Replies: 40
      • Total: 58

Hello,

I just downloaded the Virus TI panel to disassemble and examine how it is constructed. It is very complex, and there are so many layers. Taking the panel apart did not help me understand how it was assembled.

Are there any tips on element handling? I can’t even imagine how the panel was made. How did the author control the elements, align the elements, sort them from front to back etc?

So, I wonder if there are any tips or hints at all how to do layout involving multiple tabs and layers. I think there was a remote control menu system so clicking on a word resulted in a tab change elsewhere in the panel.

unlocking the panel and entering panel mode and clicking around both causes elements to appear and disappear depending on where i click. Clearly whoever is making these panels are somehow lightyears ahead. does it boil down to a programming language or something?

dasfaker
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 80
        • Replies: 793
        • Total: 873
        • ★★★

As I’ve said sometime, this is not the best panel to learn from if you are starting to use Ctrlr, it’s very complex (because it mimics the real Virus Control vst) and as it was my first panel, it’s really messy, and full of lua methods.

There are mods that change position, visibility, name, groups inside tabs, tabs inside tabs… If you want to know something more specific, let me know.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
      There is currently 0 users and 31 guests online
      No users are currently active
      Forum Statistics
      Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
      Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
      Ctrlr