Double click to set to default knob value

Home Forums General Programming Double click to set to default knob value

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    fozzie
    Participant
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 24
      • Total: 25

I don’t know if this is a question or feature request; I’m quite new to CTRLR and loving it already! For quite some controls (pan controls are most obvious) it would be good to have a fixed value that the knob jumps to if you do a custom action (e.g. double click the knob/slider). Is it possible to assign such a behaviour to components in the current version and if not (I haven’t figured out how yet), this would be a nice feature to add imo.

msepsis
      Participant
        • Topics: 219
        • Replies: 732
        • Total: 951
        • ★★★

+1 for this idea,
        I put in a feature request this weekend that was very similar, double click to turn visibility of the value box on if you have it hidden ..we know some of these panels could have 200+ sliders/knobs, kinda cluttered with all values displayed all of the time.

I like the default value, maybe implement them both? ctrl click to reset to default value, double click to display value, then the user can type in a value, hit enter, the value gets sent and the value box goes away

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

fozzie
        Participant
          • Topics: 1
          • Replies: 24
          • Total: 25
          "msepsis":2ur310zm wrote:
          +1 for this idea,
          I put in a feature request this weekend that was very similar, double click to turn visibility of the value box on if you have it hidden ..we know some of these panels could have 200+ sliders/knobs, kinda cluttered with all values displayed all of the time.
          [/quote:2ur310zm]
          I really like this one, too. I am starting the same struggle you have been through for some time probably, to fit all controls in a small screen with optimal control. Double clicking to enter a precise value / showing the value would be a very nice functionality!
          atom
          Keymaster
            • Topics: 159
            • Replies: 2945
            • Total: 3104
            • ★★★★★

for sliders the value label is clickable and you can enter the value in it, add a uiSlider and click on the value label "0" it should change to a text editor.

msepsis
            Participant
              • ★★★
              "atom":2jdk7ovp wrote:
              for sliders the value label is clickable and you can enter the value in it…[/quote:2jdk7ovp]

I think we’re both aware of this, but this can’t be done when you have the value box [i:2jdk7ovp][b:2jdk7ovp]hidden[/b:2jdk7ovp][/i:2jdk7ovp] to save confusion and clutter on your panel

It would be nice to somehow be able to get around this by allowing the modulator with hidden values to temporarily turn on the visibility of the value (I’d suggest ctrl+click) so you could enter a value. then after hitting enter on the kb the value would go back to being hidden.

The original request here is also a very good idea – It would be helpful to be assign a "default" or "home" position for any given slider, then when you double click the modulator it would jump to that default value.

Layzer2
              Participant
                • Topics: 21
                • Replies: 55
                • Total: 76

i have hidden the values and made them display in an LCD component using the LCD static modulator. it works, but i would like its behavior to display the current value when the mouse floats over it. this would be what the doctor ordered!!! can this small change be made in the next build Mr. Atom?

atom
                Keymaster
                  • Topics: 159
                  • Replies: 2945
                  • Total: 3104
                  • ★★★★★

the current value to be displayed in the LCD label when hovering other component (i just want to get it right) ?

(the double click to set a value is done, it will be available with CTRL+DOUBLE CLICK)

msepsis
                  Participant
                    • ★★★

and then some sort of method to maybe ALT+click a modulator to set it to a default value… for some knobs you’d set this to be the midpoint, or zero… etc.

Layzer2
                    Participant

the behavior of the LCD now is that it keeps the last value modified in its display…. Can it be made so that when you float over a modulator’s knob, it changes the LCD to the value of the value it contains? this would be helpfull for setting 2 knobs to the same exact value without having to move the one being copied to see the value in the LCD. hope this clairifies…

i like the "double click to set to default" feature. this is handy for stuff like pan controls that sometimes need to be at 63 for center (range 0 – 127) also for filter depth knobs that go -50 to +50 that need to have 63 to be at 0.

Layzer2
                      Participant

another idea, maybe if you float over a knob, it makes a ghost value appear above it, as well as changes it in the LCD?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • The forum ‘Programming’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                      There is currently 0 users and 62 guests online
                      No users are currently active
                      Forum Statistics
                      Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                      Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                      Ctrlr