DW8000 Panel – doesn't take Snapshots?

Home Forums General Panels, Components, Macros DW8000 Panel – doesn't take Snapshots?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jasefos
    Participant
      • Topics: 13
      • Replies: 76
      • Total: 89

Howdy CTRLR crew,

I have been rediscovering my DW8000 via the following cool panel:

Korg DW-8000

Unlike some the MKS80 Panel I made and other panels I’ve been using (e.g. DSI Mopho), it appears there is something stopping this panel from taking Snapshots. When I invoke the Program Snapshot function, no entry is added to the MIDI library and no Snapshot appears in the Snapshots menu function, however, when I use the Send Snapshots function, a progress bar appears and something *is* sent to the synth. Weird!

Is there a setting somewhere within the Panel parameters that governs whether or not a Panel can store Snapshots? In my workflow I am avoiding using synth memory locations for storage of sounds and instead prefer to store sounds specific to Ableton projects within the Ableton project file itself.

Also, I cannot get this Panel to dump patches out of the synth using the Load button (the panel’s documentation in the download area mentions that the Load button will send a dump command to the DW8000).

Best Wishes,

JaseFOS

--> Music: www.soundcloud.com/jasefos
      --> DAW: OSX10.10.5 with Live 9.6 x64, UA Apollo Quad
      --> Controllers: Push 2, KeyLab61, Maschine mk2, MCU Pro, 2xMCU-Ext
      --> Synths: Cyclone Bass Bot TT303, ESQ1, MKS80/MPG80, Matrix 6R, Matrix1000, Mopho, 05RW, DW8000, Virus TI Polar, Voyager Electric Blue, MiniBrute, AN1X, K5000s, FIZMO, ASR10 rack, Kenton ProSolo (controls Sequential Pro-One, Yamaha CS15), Prophecy, EMX1, MonoTribe, SP1200, DX100, KARP Odyssey

Nikola
      Participant
        • Topics: 0
        • Replies: 7
        • Total: 7

I have similar problems in Ableton adn EX8000. I don’t use snapshots, but load button did not work for me either, as I stated in panels comments on the download page.
        However now I think about it I think it worked just the other day I tried to use it, will check again.
        I ended up using my hardware synths less and less inspite spending loads of cash on interfacing and synths.
        If the panel would work perfectly for me in Ableton it would be really nice though.

jasefos
        Participant
          • Topics: 13
          • Replies: 76
          • Total: 89

I think I may consider doing a rebuild of it? Maybe it was developed using a much earlier build of CTRLR which doesn’t play ball well with recent builds. Ideally I desire for all Panels I use to provide 100% reliable Snapshot recall so I can completely avoid using hardware synth memory locations then I can reliably use DAW Freeze functions and freely use multiple instances of any synth I have only one of. 😉

--> Music: www.soundcloud.com/jasefos
          --> DAW: OSX10.10.5 with Live 9.6 x64, UA Apollo Quad
          --> Controllers: Push 2, KeyLab61, Maschine mk2, MCU Pro, 2xMCU-Ext
          --> Synths: Cyclone Bass Bot TT303, ESQ1, MKS80/MPG80, Matrix 6R, Matrix1000, Mopho, 05RW, DW8000, Virus TI Polar, Voyager Electric Blue, MiniBrute, AN1X, K5000s, FIZMO, ASR10 rack, Kenton ProSolo (controls Sequential Pro-One, Yamaha CS15), Prophecy, EMX1, MonoTribe, SP1200, DX100, KARP Odyssey

Llamatron
          Participant
            • Topics: 7
            • Replies: 27
            • Total: 34

I made this panel, first of all thanks for your interest in it.

For the load command I just tried and it works for me, are you sure you connected midi in and out to the panel and synth?

For the snapshots, as you guessed it’s been made with an older version of Ctrlr and I don’t remember having them. Guess I should take a bit of time to understand how they work and how I could make my panel use them, or don’t hesitate if you feel like modifying the panel.

Empty Planet
            Participant
              • Replies: 1
              • Total: 1

Llamatron, AWESOME work. Thank you! I can’t imagine the time you put into this, but I’m way grateful. As is my once-neglected EX8000. Yep, an EX8000, not the DW, but your panel manipulates everything perfectly. I briefly tried MIDI Explorer, but yours is far better designed, not to mention more complete.

Unfortunately, I also have to report not being able to grab the programs from the synth and bring them over to where I can poke at them. I was thinking it was some parameter in the synth that I hadn’t set properly, until I found this thread. Though of course I’m still open to the problem being pilot error, as one must always be.

Anyway, I registered to this joint just to thank you for your work, it’s already a huge boon to my work. And I expect there are others out there just as appreciative.

I’m tempted to try earlier versions of Ctrlr to see if I can get back to that happy, legendary time when snapshots flowed freely across technological barriers….

Cheers.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 11 months ago by Empty Planet.
              Nikola
              Participant
                • Replies: 7
                • Total: 7

Any news/plans for this panel?
                Bringing this panel up to date would mean a lot to me!
                Cheers!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • The forum ‘Panels, Components, Macros’ is closed to new topics and replies.
              There is currently 0 users and 71 guests online
              No users are currently active
              Forum Statistics
              Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
              Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
              Ctrlr