Error: Meta Param Flag is NOT set on a parameter

Home Forums General Programming Error: Meta Param Flag is NOT set on a parameter

• This topic has 25 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by zmix.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    zmix
    Participant
      • Topics: 9
      • Replies: 65
      • Total: 74

Clearly I ticked something off.. any ideas?

The following warning appears multiple times (probably one for each parameter)
      :
      WARNING: retrievedValue = 0.000000 (was 1.000000), Parameter did not retain maximum value when set

And at the bottom of the list is an explanation:

ERROR: Parameter values are different since last set – probable cause: a Meta Param Flag is NOT set on a parameter that will change values of other parameters.

* * FAIL
      ————————————————–
      AU VALIDATION FAILED: CORRECT THE ERRORS ABOVE.
      ————————————————–

zmix
      Participant

I’ve been going through every parameter and cannot locate what “flag” is being set here.. confused!

Possemo
        Participant
          • Topics: 14
          • Replies: 638
          • Total: 652
          • ★★★

I never saw this error message. What version of Ctrlr are you usting?

zmix
          Participant

I’m using the latest OSX build, 5.3.198

Synthman
            Participant
              • Topics: 4
              • Replies: 16
              • Total: 20

I got the same error while validating an AU in Logic or MainStage. Any solution?

The error message shown in the first post is from Logic Pro.

Where is the download of the latest MAC version?

zmix
              Participant

It’s inexplicable..

I copied and pasted my controls to a new project and everything worked fine, even though I could fine no differences between the two panels.. very confusing.

goodweather
                Participant
                  • Topics: 45
                  • Replies: 550
                  • Total: 595
                  • ★★★

Never seen this message either but working on 5.3.201 on PC.
                  Good you got it solved.
                  In Ctrlr, ithelps a lot to maintain old versions of panels, to restart from clean sheet…
                  Then you can also play with Notepad++ 😉

zmix
                  Participant

I have not solved this. It is frustrating..!

“Meta Param Flag is NOT set on a parameter that will change values of other parameters”

I have no interdependent controls in my panel.. what could this mean?

goodweather
                    Participant
                      • ★★★

I have now access to a Mac with Logic Pro.
                      Do you want me to have a look?
                      What about creating a new panel with just a minimum set of controls just to try to isolate the problem?
                      Of course if possible…

zmix
                      Participant

I managed to fix one of my other panels by adding the additional controls to a known good earlier version, but I still have one that is causing trouble for me. It works fine as a standalone but fails validation in Logic

Do you think you might be able to diagnose my error?

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by zmix.
                        Attachments:
                        You must be logged in to view attached files.
                        goodweather
                        Participant
                          • ★★★

Can you please guide me a bit on how you get that error?
                          You seem to say that you have that with other panels. Maybe you are doing something wrong with all of them?
                          I’ll try to make a Logic version.

zmix
                          Participant

Can you please guide me a bit on how you get that error?
                            You seem to say that you have that with other panels. Maybe you are doing something wrong with all of them?
                            I’ll try to make a Logic version.

Thanks..

All of my other Panels work fine. All of them except the Thermae panel above.

Open the panel in the “CTRLR AU” Instrument plugin in logic. (create an instrument track for this)

Select “Export Instance” this will create an AU component in the components folder.

Save and quit Logic.

Re-boot the mac.

Launch Logic, this will scan the new AU plugin.

I usually get an error message here, so I open the “Plugin Manager” in Logic (under the preferences submenu) and search for the plugin.

If it says “Couldn’t be opened” or “failed validation” then select it and press “Rescan selected”.

Logic will open another window and detail the scanning process, and in my case show the warnings I included in the first post of this thread.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by zmix.
                            goodweather
                            Participant
                              • ★★★

Thx. That I knew and will tell you what I get on my side.
                              I was speaking about how to reproduce your error “Meta Param Flag is NOT set on a parameter that will change values of other parameters”…

Something else: by checking different things on your panel, I saw that the ModulatorValue property is not updated when you change a modulator. Doesn’t sound good but I don’t know what the reason can be.
                              When selecting another mod then coming back on the first one then the property is updated though.

Now, as your panel is very simple without any coding, I can also re-create it from scratch.
                              Will do it and we can also check that.

zmix
                              Participant

Thx. That I knew and will tell you what I get on my side.
                                I was speaking about how to reproduce your error “Meta Param Flag is NOT set on a parameter that will change values of other parameters”…

Something else: by checking different things on your panel, I saw that the ModulatorValue property is not updated when you change a modulator. Doesn’t sound good but I don’t know what the reason can be.
                                When selecting another mod then coming back on the first one then the property is updated though.

Now, as your panel is very simple without any coding, I can also re-create it from scratch.
                                Will do it and we can also check that.

Not sure what you are asking, the “Meta Param Flag” error indicated is a complete mystery to me, I’ve googled and it seems to be not uncommon. These errors here seem arbitrary, as if there is a bug in the AU export section of the ctrlr app, when I added additional parameters to an known good version of a panel one by one I managed to get it to work, but the “bad” version was created in exactly the same way, so I am confused.. 🙁

There are weird and arbitrary issues in this version of Ctrlr, for example some of my panels open as AUs with a fullscreen window around them , some take the size of the panel’s surface graphic. Yesterday I tried to re-order the modulator list VST index on one panel and it couldn’t be found during an AU scan, while I had done the exact same thing to another panel the day before with no oddness. I hope you can see something there that I can’t..!

goodweather
                                Participant
                                  • ★★★

Well, I asked about “Meta param” as this was the title of this thread and your initial question 😉
                                  But OK, we forget that one then.
                                  I’ll see what happen with the AU on my side.
                                  At this stage, I’m not using the VSTindex at all and don’t see why you should do that for 10 controls…
                                  On your Mac, you can also test your AU panel in Reaper. Then you have at least 2 DAWs for testing.

You can create a method PanelLoaded() that is called at panel load (property “Called when the panel has finished loading” of your panel).
                                  In that method you can place the following code to set the initial zoom factor

panel:getPanelEditor():setProperty("uiPanelZoom", 1.0, false)

1.0 means 100%

zmix
                                  Participant

Well, I asked about “Meta param” as this was the title of this thread and your initial question ?
                                    But OK, we forget that one then.
                                    I’ll see what happen with the AU on my side.
                                    At this stage, I’m not using the VSTindex at all and don’t see why you should do that for 10 controls…
                                    On your Mac, you can also test your AU panel in Reaper. Then you have at least 2 DAWs for testing.

You can create a method PanelLoaded() that is called at panel load (property “Called when the panel has finished loading” of your panel).
                                    In that method you can place the following code to set the initial zoom factor

panel:getPanelEditor():setProperty("uiPanelZoom", 1.0, false)

1.0 means 100%

VST index is the order in which the parameters appear in the DAW, both in the control surfaces and when selecting automation parameters.

Thanks for the tip about the PanelLoaded() command, I’ll try that..!

goodweather
                                    Participant
                                      • ★★★

Some quick feedback: created an extra uiSlider but same behaviour, it doesn’t move the Current value property which is strange.
                                      Exported as AU from Reaper at the same time of one of my panels.
                                      In Logic, mine is OK, yours is indeed failing validation.
                                      In Reaper, your AU panel version works fine

You should investigate on internet on why plugin validation can fail in Logic
                                      Tomorrow, I will rebuild your panel from scratch, make an AU from it and retry in Logic

goodweather
                                      Participant
                                        • ★★★

Hi, so I made different tries during 2 hours and I don’t understand what the issue is but I got a working panel.
                                        I would suggest you to experiment further with that panel (Ctrlr Panel) but really step by step.
                                        Yo need to rebuilt the .component file as it was too big for this upload.
                                        Maybe it would be a good idea to save a version each time (Save versioned)
                                        The error can be lying in just a panel text property or mod property or …
                                        The panel THERMAE_goodweather is not working even if I started it from scratch. Thought that the issue was lying on your buttons at the bottom using names with special characters but it is thus not that.
                                        Thus there is something disturbing the AU export.
                                        Differences between the panels are:
                                        – all CCs
                                        – a few basic panel properties
                                        but that’s all as differences!!!
                                        Very weird…

Attachments:
                                        You must be logged in to view attached files.
                                        zmix
                                        Participant

I also think the issue is with the AU export function.

This is a very simple panel, only CC data, no programming at all.

It works fine as a stand alone, but not as an AU.

Have you come any closer to understanding what the Meta Parameter flag is?

Also, of course I save versions, I’ve got hundreds for each panel I make, but if the problem is happening during the export, and not due to any real panel error, then this is a bit more serious. The OSX version hasn’t been updated in a very long time..

goodweather
                                          Participant
                                            • ★★★

Well, I got the panel working (Ctrlr panel) in AU.
                                            Export it as A then test; Should work.
                                            Then add the CC’s and export again.
                                            Then modify the panel properties (mainly names) and export

until you reach your panel.
                                            Should crash / not work anymore before…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
                                          • The forum ‘Programming’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                                          There is currently 0 users and 54 guests online
                                          No users are currently active
                                          Forum Statistics
                                          Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                                          Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                                          Ctrlr