Exported VST Parameters

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr Exported VST Parameters

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    mb47
    Participant
      • Topics: 7
      • Replies: 8
      • Total: 15

Hi all,

I am using the Shruthi panel with Ableton Live (on a Mac).
      I noticed that only the parameters (modulators) with VST index <64 are exported.
      This is also happening with another panel that I’m making for the XD-5.
      I was curious as to whether this a limitation in Ableton, or a CTRLR thing/setting.

I think anyway 64 parameters in Ableton is more than enough.
      But I would like to know if anyone has recommendations for safely assigning VST indexes to the modulators: they have to be unique, so if some other modulator already has the assigned VST index, when the panel is reloaded those indexes seem to get changed by CTRLR (to be unique again).
      Maybe a solution better than brute force (assign values to ALL modulators one by one) exists here?
      I was thinking some way of setting the VST indexes of selected modulators, having them fixed, and then just iterate though all remaining to assign unique indexes (or letting CTRLR do it, but making sure the selected ones don’t get changed).

Best,
      Marco

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

There is no limit in Ctrlr, what your host does is a different thing. The 64 might be from the old build, what version of Ctrlr are you using ?

mb47
        Participant
          • Topics: 7
          • Replies: 8
          • Total: 15

I’m using version 5.0.3, revision 1089.

zeoka
          Participant
            • Topics: 73
            • Replies: 466
            • Total: 539
            • ★★★

Hi im not able to have more than 64 params even if i put 512 in preferences , i use the rev1161

wikter
            Participant
              • Topics: 5
              • Replies: 49
              • Total: 54

Problems here too.
              Revision = 1655, Build date = 2013/12/29 00:32:59, Branch = Nightly, Juce = 3.0.0, Boost = 1.52.0, Lua = 5.1.4,

MVXSynths
              R3 / MOX6 / Electribe2 / Electribe R MkII / Electribe MX / K4R / BCR2000 / XStation61 / XStation25 / Virus Rack / Chameleon / Proteus 2500 / RM1X / KN2600

wikter
              Participant

Has been it fixed?

MVXSynths
                R3 / MOX6 / Electribe2 / Electribe R MkII / Electribe MX / K4R / BCR2000 / XStation61 / XStation25 / Virus Rack / Chameleon / Proteus 2500 / RM1X / KN2600

wikter
                Participant

Well, using now the last version.
                  I’ve removed the ctrlr.settings file in my user folder.
                  I’ve removed anything relating to ctrlr settings inside register.
                  Sometimes, “Max exported VST…” settings is not listed in preferences.

see the attachment…

Attachments:
                  You must be logged in to view attached files.

MVXSynths

wikter
                  Participant

Ok… I’ve seen there’s a problem INSIDE the program. I’ve edit the “max vst parameters” range and changed from 0 to 127. I’ve used an hex editor.
                    Now I have a minimum of 127 parameters… I can change the number, but it’s not saved.
                    I’ve edited the minimum in the VSTplugin, now I see also 127 as the value set in the preferences, but only 64 values are shown. I0’ve saved with a different name and erased all the cached vst data and rescanned the plugin in the host.
                    No fix.
                    Just limited to 64 parameters. Isn’t it?

Revision = ac6a31852a8e26ddbf6a7133f87f1fd6dac8a6c4, Build date = Thu 04/24/2014, Branch = Nightly, Juce = 3.0.5, Boost = 1.52.0, Lua = 5.1.4,

MVXSynths

zeoka
                    Participant
                      • Topics: 73
                      • Replies: 466
                      • Total: 539
                      • ★★★

Hi
                      use the ctrlr.overrides file open it :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ctrlrOverrides 	ctrlrMaxExportedVstParameters="put the max value" 
                      			ctrlrShutdownDelay="256" 
                      			ctrlrUseEditorWrapper="put 0" 
                      			ctrlrLuaDisabled="put 0"
                      			ctrlrLogToFile="put 0 except if you want find an issue"
                      			/>

Copy the file everywhere ctrlr.exe or dll is (pc)
                      if you use exported restricted or not(with/without edit mode) instances with a
                      name different ex : coolpanel.dll then rename the overrides file too

Strange : in the exported panel I’ve done rev1655 there is no need of this file
                      ALL parameters ARE VISIBLES (2200). the not exported params have no names but visible
                      I don’t have any feedback of user so……………..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                    There is currently 0 users and 78 guests online
                    No users are currently active
                    Forum Statistics
                    Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                    Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                    Ctrlr