external panel control via pure data midi cc

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr external panel control via pure data midi cc

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lilakmonoke
    Participant
      • Topics: 5
      • Replies: 23
      • Total: 28

hi … this might be a dumb question but … im working on a panel for the tq5. i want to use pure data to control a synth via a panel in standalone mode.

im setting midi->controller->puredata

then how do i define which cc number from pure data controls which panel element? ive looked everywhere but cant find it. “midi cc nr” in the element definition is the outgoing message to the synth, correct? where is incoming?

thanks!

lilakmonoke
      Participant

obviously a dumb question but the only answer i can find is “external controller doesnt work yet” but thats from 2013 … anybody?

atom
        Keymaster
          • Topics: 159
          • Replies: 2945
          • Total: 3104
          • ★★★★★

Well no i think the implementation of the controller input is ready, but i never got around to finishing some final stuff in it. As all of you might have noticed i’ve been absent a little lately, due to some personal issues (girlfriend shit etc.). I hope to get back to it soon, but i can’t say exactly when, once i get my shit together i’ll get back to fixing bugs and finishing the stuff i started and also dropping some stuff that never got used or was never finished cause it was a bad idea.

lilakmonoke
          Participant

ah ok, thanks atom. ill wait then … well done, girlfriends are real stuff and pixel are just pixel 🙂 controller is awesome as it is.

Puppeteer
            Participant
              • Topics: 16
              • Replies: 185
              • Total: 201
              • ★★

In the VST instance, this can often be assigned within the DAW Host, such as Ableton, and is how I’m assuming it will be handled in the panel I’m developing, but yes it would be nice to have that functionality in the standalone, as long as it doesn’t clash with the DAW host control.

The Puppeteer
              http://godlike.com.au

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
            There is currently 0 users and 49 guests online
            No users are currently active
            Forum Statistics
            Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
            Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
            Ctrlr