File, Edit, View menu

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr File, Edit, View menu

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    msepsis
    Participant
      • Topics: 219
      • Replies: 732
      • Total: 951
      • ★★★

I’ve had a few comments about the usability of the file, edit menu bar on restricted panel exports, what catches people off guard is that there are menu items for “File”, “Panel”, and “Window” but no submenu items within… I’ve explained that there will be items going in there as they’re being developed (mutator, program manager, etc) but if these top menu items with no contents can’t be hidden for the time being…

Is it possible to put within the File menu at least a “Quit” command?
      I don’t think there’s anything in the “Window” menu that really needs to be hid in a restricted instance, it might actually be useful to allow them to open a log viewer or midi monitor if/when reporting/debugging issues… You could also for now probably keep the “Lua Console” visible within the “Panel” menu for now..

Thanks, just my 2 cents but I do agree it is a little awkward. It’s a minor request and I was holding off on suggesting it as I know you’re working on a new rev.. Just in case it’s a quick tweak, maybe this can make it in the next rev?

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

I can do most of that sure, the Lua Console is a one line away from entering edit mode and doing other things to the panel that’s why it’s hidden and since it’s restricted i tried to keep people away from internals.

atom
        Keymaster
          • Topics: 159
          • Replies: 2945
          • Total: 3104
          • ★★★★★

I uploaded the nightlies for mac and win for testing, theese are more experimental the usual, a lot of stuff has changed and i have no way of testing their interaction.

I also can’t do anything until monday, i’m off to Paris to see NineInchNails on saturday on a festival, i’ll be back monday. So post your findings so i have something to do when i get back 🙂

have a good weekend.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
        There is currently 0 users and 68 guests online
        No users are currently active
        Forum Statistics
        Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
        Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
        Ctrlr