FL Studio and ctrlr = trouble

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr FL Studio and ctrlr = trouble

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kaielsz
    Participant
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 2
      • Total: 3

Hi all,

Pretty new to this site but I am very excited for the possibilities of what Ctrlr can do as a stand alone and more so as a VST.

My primary DAW is FL studio versions 9, 10, and 11.

I downloaded and installed Ctrlr this weekend and the micron panel. All i have to say is that as a stand alone this is a GOD send to that synth and programing it. And now it is making me interested to make a couple new custom panels for the Korg z1 and electribe ea-1.

But before I go about making new panels I want to make sure I can get Ctrlr running properly in flstudio so that I can send midi sequences and automation to the synth as I work on creating sounds.

Thats where the problem comes in:

I can open both 32 bit and 64 bit versions on my windows 7 with a lexicon omega audio interface, within fl studio 11. But all the options and choices in the menu bar of Ctrlr are greyed out. I can’t do anything besides load it as a vst.

Not sure if I need to change midi options in FL studio or other the stand alone to fix this problem. I have tried both including sending midi from lexicon through different midi input devices.

Any help would be awesome! and like I said if I can get this panel to work I really want to get started on making some new panels for other synths.

Hit me up for collabs!
      Synths: Blofeld, Micron, Korg Z1, Venom, Electribe, Kaosillator.
      Daw:FL 11

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

I actualy do a lot of testing in FLStudio (i’m a proud owner for more then 7 years i think).

Anyway the fact that the menu gets greyed out is because the window doesn’t catch focus, you can try to click on the resizer corner (lower right corner) and see if that activates the menu. This is something that’s implemented in the library i’m using and is hard to code around but i think i might have to.

kaielsz
        Participant
          • Topics: 1
          • Replies: 2
          • Total: 3

Awesome that worked perfectly!

Thank you Atom

I am glad to meet another FL Veteran especially one who looks to using hardware with DAWS. I have been Using FL since my copy of Version 3, 9 years ago. By far my favorite to use.

Now the next steps is to try making some FL templates for making sequencing and automation with Ctrlr panelz and assign host controls to other devices for midi messaging.

Then after I get comfortable with that I will try making a panel for the Electribe.

Hit me up for collabs!
          Synths: Blofeld, Micron, Korg Z1, Venom, Electribe, Kaosillator.
          Daw:FL 11

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
        There is currently 0 users and 65 guests online
        No users are currently active
        Forum Statistics
        Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
        Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
        Ctrlr