FLstudio & CTRLR

Home Forums General General MIDI discussion FLstudio & CTRLR

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    msepsis
    Participant
      • Topics: 219
      • Replies: 732
      • Total: 951
      • ★★★

Atom,
      I read somewhere here that you use FLStudio a bit so I finally grabbed the latest and greatest recently (i’m reg’d but haven’t bothered with it for about a decade, TBH).

So correct me if I’m wrong.. but FL still is clueless about SYSEX?

Is anybody writing these applications old enough to remember octamed on the amiga?
      Is SYSEX reeeeeally that difficult for these apps zu sprechen?

I use renoise mainly for sequencing.. but even it doesn’t allow MIDI communication via VST instruments (ala ctrlr).

regardless.. I was fucking delighted with how well ctrlr was working inside FLstudio.. no midiox needed, dead simple to set up to sequence the synth through the panel while also recording automation. It’s a wonder you don’t charge for ctrlr!

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

SysEx in FLStudio used to be there cause i was talking to the FL developers and requested that feature, don’t know if it’s still there. But it’s not needed now, since FL has virtual IN and OUT ports now (it used to be OUT only).

msepsis
        Participant
          • Topics: 219
          • Replies: 732
          • Total: 951
          • ★★★
          "atom":2fj3c1xa wrote:
          SysEx in FLStudio used to be there … it’s not needed now, since FL has virtual IN and OUT ports now (it used to be OUT only).[/quote:2fj3c1xa]

Ok. but when the synth sends a sysex dump to the panel from within FL the panel’s parameters don’t update. so the virtual in and out ports solve this how?

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

atom
          Keymaster
            • Topics: 159
            • Replies: 2945
            • Total: 3104
            • ★★★★★

If you set the virtual IN and OUT ports for the Ctrlr, then all MIDI is sent/received directly by the panel so you can send a program request and Ctrlr will receive it just like it was running in standalone mode and using the MIDI devices directly. That’s something no other host i know can do (maybe Cubase?)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • The forum ‘General MIDI discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.
          There is currently 0 users and 90 guests online
          No users are currently active
          Forum Statistics
          Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
          Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
          Ctrlr