How to lock panel in window to stop it from scrolling?

Home Forums General Programming How to lock panel in window to stop it from scrolling?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    BillFM
    Participant
      • Topics: 2
      • Replies: 15
      • Total: 17

For any panel that is zoomed in, particularly useful for mixer panels with a hundred pots, the panel scrolls up or down (within the window) when mouse wheel is attempting to rotate a slider (not in Panel Mode).

I also tried this with linear horizontal and vertical sliders. The panel always scrolls up/down within the window.

Is it possible to lock the panel image in the window such that it does not scroll when the mouse wheel is moved? I only want the panel to scroll when I move the vertical/horizontal window scroll bars.

Bill

inteyes
      Participant
        • Replies: 12
        • Total: 14

If you hold down the Shift key while scrolling the mouse wheel, the panel will be held in place. Don’t know if there is any other methods to achieve exact behaviour you want.

BillFM
        Participant

Thank you. That’s absolutely PERFECT.

BillFM
          Participant

Well, much to my dismay, it turns out, holding down the ‘shift’ key to prevent panel (within the window) from scrolling, only works in ‘panel mode’. That’s when I tested this ‘anti-scroll’ method.

So, back to my original problem. When not in Panel Mode, and zoomed in on panel, moving the mouse wheel over the slider thumb causes the window to scroll up and down.

That said, I found the DX7 panel did not scroll when zoomed in (not in Panel Mode, holding shift key down while moving mouse wheel). This is desirable panel behaviour. Yet, the Demo panel Look And Feel, does scroll (when zoomed in, not in Panel Mode). Not desirable.

Any other suggestions?
            Thanks.

WinXP, 5.3.201.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 12 months ago by BillFM.
          Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • The forum ‘Programming’ is closed to new topics and replies.
          There is currently 0 users and 34 guests online
          No users are currently active
          Forum Statistics
          Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
          Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
          Ctrlr