!!! IMPORTANT LUA PROBLEMS

Home Forums General Programming !!! IMPORTANT LUA PROBLEMS

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    atom
    Keymaster
      • Topics: 159
      • Replies: 2945
      • Total: 3104
      • ★★★★★

I was checking the code today, and from what i can see the new lua 5.3 will fail at various points due to complete incopatibility with my luabind/boost code. This means i need to do a complete rework of the lua/luabind/boost setup. I found a luabind fork without boost that looks promising , if that will work i will use that, this should really help with build times. If not possible i will use one of the forks or patches on the net to make luabind work with lua 5.3 IF that’s not possible i will revert back to lua 5.2, so if you are using some lua 5.3 features be aware i might need to revert this change.

I’m sorry about this, but it took me some time to look at the code in details, the fact that it compiles fine DOES not mean it works i’m afraid, i did some tests. Please be patient i’m working on getting the old behavior back ASAP

proton
      Participant
        • Topics: 19
        • Replies: 94
        • Total: 113
        • ★★

Thank you Atom, you rule!
        From what I understand only the additional LUA 5.3 features are in question here not the regular stuff we have used before LUA 5.3 was implemented.
        Thanks for the heads up and wish you luck with the issues!
        Cheers!

atom
        Keymaster
          • Topics: 159
          • Replies: 2945
          • Total: 3104
          • ★★★★★

yeah all the past features will be there, only whatever 5.3 brought, if 5.3 fails we just fall back to 5.2 and all the features of ctrlr builds 5.3 (yes the version of lua and ctrlr are similar but that’s just a coincidence)

Possemo
          Participant
            • Topics: 14
            • Replies: 638
            • Total: 652
            • ★★★

So the instabilities of release 5.4.16 are due to this issue? Good to know that you’re on it.

fundorin
            Participant
              • Topics: 8
              • Replies: 66
              • Total: 74

I thought that it’s a natural behaviour of Ctrlr to crash when something is wrong in Lua script, but, thanks to Possemo, .11 doesn’t crash like .16. Hope that rewrite will fix this issue. And also OSC string argument problem, that I’m experiencing. 😉

P.S. I’ll be happy to provide any additional information about that issue in any form here or at Github.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The forum ‘Programming’ is closed to new topics and replies.
            There is currently 0 users and 71 guests online
            No users are currently active
            Forum Statistics
            Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
            Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
            Ctrlr