Increasing Ctrlr Modulators on OSX

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr Increasing Ctrlr Modulators on OSX

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    dasfaker
    Keymaster
      • Topics: 80
      • Replies: 793
      • Total: 873
      • ★★★

Hi Jon

1. Saving Panel Parameters in a Saved Live Project

I’m working on it.

2 Automation working for only some parameters using the Ctrlr VST with a loaded Panel.

I can’t really help here, it’s all about the overrides file, it’s working fine here.

When I open the Ctrlr panel and look at EDIT > PREFERENCES I can see that the Max Exported VST Params value is 64. (I have the overrides file in the correct directory.)

I try changing this value to 600 and I can still only automate the same items in the panel.

This value doesn’t matter, the valid is the overrides file’s value.

So I now try exporting the instance into a VST, rescan in Live and drop it into a Midi track. I can now automate the Panel’s menu headings, e.g., Browser, Osc, Filter etc. It looks like I can automate everything! What were the parameters that couldn’t be automated in Virus Control?

vst instances of a panel doesn’t need the overrdies file, all parameters are exported.
      I don’t remember which parameters couldn’t be automated, something related to lfo clocks and program changes, but this could be something old and probably solved today.

I’ll do some further testing to see if I see any of the odd behaviour you’ve seen e.g, combo buttons are messed up and the patch is not sent correctly to the Virus with the Exported VST instance. Are there any other implications of using a VST exported instance? What is saved in the instance? All parameters? Outs? Patches?

In theory everything should be saved, but for some reason this doesn’t work fine, I’m on it.

Maybe using this exported VST instance is the solution for resolving the automation issue?

Sure.

Thanks,
      Hugo

kwtsh
      Participant
        • Topics: 1
        • Replies: 24
        • Total: 25

Cheers Hugo

Let me know if there’s anything I can do to assist, is there anything more we can try with the overrides file on Mac OSX? A different directory or parameters?

Is the point of an exported instance to embed the Panel into Ctrlr as if it were a VST? I’ll test multiple instances of these and see if this approach works out

Thanks again, Jon

kwtsh
        Participant

Hi

A quick update..

I managed to get automation working for ALL parameters using the Ctrlr VST and the loaded Panel! You were quite correct, the problem was with the overrides file. I discovered that the TextEdit app on Mac isn’t that great at creating XML files. You have to name the file with a .xml at the end for it to save it as an XML file, rather than plain text but then it had created a file called ctrlr.overrides.xml. Once I removed the XML extension and reloaded Live I could successfully automate all parameters. Yes!

I also tested some of the exported VST instances and this approach doesn’t seem like it will solve the problem of saving parameters as each VST loaded with the same settings, so I’m hoping there’s something that can be done to allow the correct saving of parameters, particularly patches and Outs for each Ctrlr instance I have in my Live project as at present I have to load them for each project. Now that I can automate all parameters there’s perhaps no need to use the exported instance?

Cheers, Jon

dasfaker
          Keymaster
            • Topics: 80
            • Replies: 793
            • Total: 873
            • ★★★

Great you discovered the .overrides problem, it was so strange it didn’t worked.

The optimal way to use will be the exported instance, but right now there is an issue in Ctrlr related to the vst initialization, that’s why there is a difference between the exported instance and the panel. Both ways should work in the same way. So right now use the panel version, I’ll let you now when it’s ready.

kwtsh
            Participant

Awesome, thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
            • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
            There is currently 0 users and 64 guests online
            No users are currently active
            Forum Statistics
            Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
            Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
            Ctrlr