is Ctrlr/Six Trak editor use possible on iPhone

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr is Ctrlr/Six Trak editor use possible on iPhone

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    chewy
    Participant
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 3
      • Total: 4

big fan of this software- im hooking my laptop to my usb-midi adapter to make the six trak come alive— amazing software thats completely opened up the six trak— my question: i just got an iphone recently as was wondering if its posisble, to download the software on that- i tried clicking the OSX option i couldn’t figure out what to do on my phone. i see on amazon theres a female usb–> lightning cable adapter you can get. Id get one if i knew I could get the software on the phone……any assistance appropriated- thanks so much

Possemo
      Participant
        • Topics: 14
        • Replies: 638
        • Total: 652
        • ★★★

No this is not possible, you confuse OSX with iOS.

Mac desktop computer: OSX
        iPad/iPhone: iOS

These are completely different operating systems. But fyi Apple plans to trash Intel processors on Macs in favor to ARM cpus like their iPads/iPhones already have. So maybe in future there will be only iOS for both tablets/smartphones AND desktop computers. But…that will be the time when there will be no Ctrlr for Macs anymore 🙁

chewy
        Participant

Ok– what is my next option? What is the cheapest tablet i could get that would be function with it- ie. if i got one of those cheap cheap RCA tablets, would one of those be compatatble? Or must I buy some basic type of “i-pad”? thanks again for getting me started- my laptop is so old and the power cable doesnt hang on good and id like a dedicated upgrade if possible….

chewy
          Participant

and thanks again for your help- i am a total newbie at this sort of stuff…but a six trak and synth veteran 🙂 like say for example one of these 80 dollar tablets– can these connect to coffee shop wi-fi and download the ctrlr software, be connected to midi and good to go?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-Viking-Pro-10-1-Android-2-in-1-Tablet-32GB-Quad-Core-Blue/45804387?wmlspartner=wlpa&&adid=22222222227034217314&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=72864770312&wl4=pla-142288696832&wl5=1027744&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=45804387&veh=sem&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkNjq9uze6gIVEj6tBh2WSAs7EAQYASABEgLr1_D_BwE

chewy
            Participant

or these $40 amazon tablets? “fire” tablets they are called….

Possemo
              Participant
                • Topics: 14
                • Replies: 638
                • Total: 652
                • ★★★

No, you don’t understand. It is not possible to use Ctrlr with any tablet/smartphone. There are versions for Windows, Linux and Mac. That’s it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
              There is currently 0 users and 60 guests online
              No users are currently active
              Forum Statistics
              Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
              Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
              Ctrlr