KORG DW-8000 | EX-8000

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr KORG DW-8000 | EX-8000

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    maomao
    Participant
      • Topics: 2
      • Replies: 12
      • Total: 14

Another great from the past. It use sysex for remote control.

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

i have the EX800 it has no MIDI at all, but i see that the 8000 series do. Post some links to manuals please.

maomao
        Participant

Here there is a useful link with everything about Korg EX-8000 / DW-8000
          [url:2buqat0s]http://www.pallium.com/bryan/dw8000.php[/url:2buqat0s] manual, service manual and so on.

and here [url:2buqat0s]http://www.cykong.com/CubaseSX/SXpanels.htm#PATCH%20NAMES/BANKS%20DEVICE%20XML%20...[/url:2buqat0s] there is a XML device panel for cubase. It works very well in cubase but it can’t be used in other daw like Ableton for example…. The XML could save you a lot of work simply reading the xml and finding out the strings to send. The first part of the XML is about the preset list so, you can skip it.

I really hope you have some spare time to create a vst editor. I’m using the evolver one and… well.. great job!

thanks again

atom
          Keymaster
            • ★★★★★

yeah that looks simple enough, though that cubase XML format is unreadable for me, i have to admit i just glazed at the schema and it made me sick in the stomach couldn’t get pass the whole thing.

with the manual it should be an easy task.

at the moment i’m working on a ButtPlug program that will enable synchronized sysex output out of any DAW no matter if it supports sysex or not.

atom
            Keymaster
              • ★★★★★

First beta for win32 is attached to a post on the EX8000/DW8000 forum, google code is not working, will upload tomorrow.

maomao
              Participant

Do you mean that in few hours you relized a beta vst editor for the EX-8000 ???

atom
                Keymaster
                  • ★★★★★

yeah, Ctrlr has a very simple framework it would be shorter but i was browsing deviantart for a nice background and doing knobs for graphics.

maomao
                  Participant

man… you’re FAST !!! :shock:

just downloaded the editor… this evening (it’s morning here now) I’ll try it. Really unbelievable work in no time.

Can I hope for a Microwave ctrlr too ??? :lol:

maomao
                    Participant

What about this background image ?

[url:34oqo9ue]http://host.presenze.com/immagini/052010/20100513113301ex8000bkgjpg.jpg[/url:34oqo9ue]

I’ve done in photoshop. It’s a bit more "close" to the EX-8000 layout. I like your background but it can be a little confusing while using it. I worked with a screen capture of your application so but I kept the image a little bigger (I don’t know the size you need).

atom
                      Keymaster
                        • ★★★★★

kay, i added your bg and posted win32 and win64 builds (googlecode is working again)
                        so you can download them.

maomao
                        Participant

Simply Great !!!

maomao
                          Participant

I tried it in CubaseSX.

I see the EX8000 midi status led blinking when I move the virtual knobs, nothing change in the EX-8000. so something is sent to the EX8000 but probably is not the right message.

Ableton live crashes.
                            :cry:

atom
                            Keymaster
                              • ★★★★★

I’ll post in the EX8000 forum…

Dr3Tri
                              Participant
                                • Replies: 9
                                • Total: 11
                                "atom":38ts9wqm wrote:
                                i have the EX800 it has no MIDI at all, but i see that the 8000 series do. Post some links to manuals please.[/quote:38ts9wqm]

What do you mean by that EX800 has no MIDI? Actually there is no anything but the MIDI how it can be played because it has no keys..
                                EX800 also had SYSEX support which Poly800 mk1 didn’t have.

And more: Poly 800 mk1 can be modified to support SYSEX with using EX800 ROM.
                                http://synth.stromeko.net/SDada/Readme_Poly-EX-800.html

That page had also link to Korg Poly 800II MIDI Implementation in plain text:
                                http://synth.stromeko.net/SDada/Readme_Poly-EX-800.html

—edit—

EX800 was probably typo and was meant to be EX8000 -but it also has MIDI and is editable through SYSEX.

dpaulo
                                Participant
                                  • Topics: 0
                                  • Replies: 1
                                  • Total: 1

Hi
                                  Can anyone advise me how I can alter the EX8000 interface so it will run the DW8000. I have previously altered Kenton Control Freak programs to do this ( I think I just changed the instrument ID from 30 to 31). Can something similar be done with Ctrlr??
                                  thanks

danielmoyerartisan
                                  Participant
                                    • Replies: 6
                                    • Total: 6

Is there a way you could provide the raw files, so this can be edited? I’d really like to give it a try, but I have DW8000 and it doesn’t seem to work for it.

danielmoyerartisan
                                    Participant
                                      "danielmoyerartisan":20r0ojfs wrote:
                                      Is there a way you could provide the raw files, so this can be edited? I’d really like to give it a try, but I have DW8000 and it doesn’t seem to work for it.[/quote:20r0ojfs]

So, I think I found the raw files on Google code, but none of them seem to be the sort of thing you can open in CTRLR? I’m really lost. What would I have to do to those raw files to change them? Do I need to download all the dev files, or just some of them? Do I compile them in something? Where am I? What is this place? Who are you?

atom
                                      Keymaster
                                        • ★★★★★

first of all what sort of "raw files" do you have, wich panel would you like to alter and how ?

danielmoyerartisan
                                        Participant

I’m just looking to alter the EX-8000 (windows) panel so that it will work with my DW-8000, which it currently does not. I thought maybe I could look at your source on Google Code, but I couldn’t figure out how to edit or recompile the project. I’m really not a coder at all, I was just hoping I could hack it to make it work for me. Sadly, I’m in over my head. Is there a way you can remake the EX-8000 controller for a DW-8000? I wish I could say I understand the workflow for editing things in CTRLR, but I really can’t figure it out. My end goal is simply being able to control/automate the cut/res on my DW-8000 in a vst inside of my DAW (FL Studio).

[url:rel4v9kw]http://code.google.com/p/ctrlr/downloads/detail?name=Korg%20-%20EX8000%20-%20Windows.zip&can=2&q=[/url:rel4v9kw] is the file I am trying to use.

atom
                                          Keymaster
                                            • ★★★★★

Well that program is Ctrlr v4 and is incompatible with v5 (it simply won’t work). Howeveer this device was really simple to do, so re-creating that panel in v5 should take you an hour, using the XML for the v4 witch is here: http://code.google.com/p/ctrlr/source/b … EX8000.xml you can easily add a few sliders on a new panel in v5, re-type the SysEx formulas in the v4 XML and you should be set.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
                                          • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                                          There is currently 0 users and 107 guests online
                                          No users are currently active
                                          Forum Statistics
                                          Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                                          Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                                          Ctrlr