Latest Nightly Build doesn't work?

Home Forums Platform Specific Linux Latest Nightly Build doesn't work?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Babarosa
    Participant
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 8
      • Total: 9

Dear Atom!

While build 1644.sh works fine, the latest build Ctrlr_x86_64_5fa5d20.sh from April 16th doesn’t work on my machine. Both Ctrlr files differ in 15 MB.

Though, I thank you very much for your efforts in compiling Ctrlr also for Linux users.

Happy Easter,
      Michael

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

Could you be a bit more specific, does it crash, does it start at all ? I’m sure you noticed that Linux has now 2 installers one for 64 and one for 32 bits, since you are talking about x86_64 i assume you are running a 64bit version of Linux.

Babarosa
        Participant

Yes, I am talking about the 64bit versions using it on Xubuntu 12.04 64bit. The file Ctrlr-x86_64 itself from v1644 is 32,7 MB large, whereas the file Ctrlr-x86_64 itself from 16.04.2014 is only 19,9 MB large.
          ========================
          When I start the latest build from a terminal the output is:

./Ctrlr-x86_64: error while loading shared libraries: libbfd-2.24-system.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Ctrlr doesn’t start at all, yet the package “binutils-dev GNU binary utilities (BFD development files)” is installed.
          ========================
          Starting version1644 this way works fine, I do not need the package “libbfd” respectively “binutils-dev GNU binary utilities (BFD development files)”.

Greetings,
          Michael

atom
          Keymaster
            • ★★★★★

The size is OK, before i didn’t strip the binaries before uploading to the site, now i do so they are much smaller.

You need the libbfd.so library if it’s not there, you might have a different version on your OS (try looking for libbfd*.so in the /usr/lib /lib /usr/lib64 directories)

Babarosa
            Participant

In usr/lib I have installed “libbfd-2.22-system.so”. So I guess, I have to upgrade then to “libbfd-2.24-system.so”?

atom
              Keymaster
                • ★★★★★

Well normally i’d say YES, but i won’t. Don’t do that unless you know what you are doing, this might cause havoc with other applications on your OS.

This is the problem with Linux, i’d have to provide builds for all linux distros because those libraries are different on each one (depending on update policy etc.). The best choice is to build it yourself with your libraries installed, i’m sure that your version will be just as good as mine (i don’t use anything advanced from those libraries).

Babarosa
                Participant

I agree, I am content with v1644 anyway. I am compiling a lot of audio applications myself, I’ll see.

Thank you very much!
                  Michael

Babarosa
                  Participant

Hi, I just wanted to add that the latest build works fine with (X)Ubuntu 14.04!

Thank you again,
                    Michael

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • The forum ‘Linux’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                  There is currently 0 users and 69 guests online
                  No users are currently active
                  Forum Statistics
                  Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                  Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                  Ctrlr