launch panel from panel?

Home Forums General Programming launch panel from panel?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    msepsis
    Participant
      • Topics: 219
      • Replies: 732
      • Total: 951
      • ★★★

alright, pardon the abstract thinking here, but i can’t resist asking if this is somehow possible …

Since lots of the data types used between these waldorf wavetable synths I’ve been working so deeply in ctrlr with I started brainstorming on instead of keeping three editors all up to date with very similar waveform/wavetable editors the possibility of deving one single waveform/wavetable editor with switches depending on what version synth (microwave, XT, blofeld, etc) is being used. Then within my three editors you could launch one single panel file.

I suppose it would need to work in edit mode (launch .bpanelz), standalone instance (launch .app/exe) and plugin mode.. somehow.

I wonder if you could somehow behind the scenes trick ctrlr into thinking a bpanelz is a component? Maybe you load the child bpanelz in as a resource to your main parent panel?

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

I don’t think i get it. You can open many bpanelz files (panels) in one Ctrlr instance, they’ll be added as tabs in Ctrlr.

msepsis
        Participant
          • Topics: 219
          • Replies: 732
          • Total: 951
          • ★★★

The microwave XT and microwave 1 synths are two different synths. I’ve created two different ctrlr based editors for both synths, but both synths treat waveforms and wavetables very similarly.

So I have two different bpanelz files with very similar functionality and code base for their waveform/wavetable editors, everything else is very different but the waveform and wavetable editing functionality is identical.

What I’d like to do is put all the waveform/wavetable editing stuff into one panel that can then be referenced and used by both the microwave1 and microwaveII/XT editors I’ve created. This way if I have added functionality for the waveform and wavetable editor of the microwaveXT editor I don’t need to recreate everything in my microwave1 editor.

Does this make more sense? Now that I’m ALSO making a blofeld editor which has *some* carryover from the microwave I and microwave II/XT synths i’d need to triple my workload if I add anything to the wavetable editor. I’d love to be able to develop wavetable/form functionality in ONE panel that’s referenced by the microwave 1, microwave 2/xt AND blofeld editor.

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • The forum ‘Programming’ is closed to new topics and replies.
        There is currently 0 users and 65 guests online
        No users are currently active
        Forum Statistics
        Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
        Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
        Ctrlr