Leap and Ctrlr

Home Forums General News and releases Leap and Ctrlr

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    msepsis
    Participant
      • Topics: 219
      • Replies: 732
      • Total: 951
      • ★★★

I just ordered my leap motion sensor (cheap @ $80!).. curious, atom have you seen or heard about this device? It’s os x only at the moment but i’m sure something similar will be coming for windows. I almost have too many projects going as it is now but I’m hoping to fit in some time to work on or collaborate with others working on a virtual MIDI keyboard that can trigger notes to ctrlr panels.

Definitely something to peak into if you haven’t seen this yet.

form topic from the developer site on creating virtual computer keyboard:
      https://developer.leapmotion.com/forums/forums/projects-and-collaborations/topics/virtual-keyboard

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

I wanted to order one because the idea seemed nice BUT

i saw some demo videos and seen the review @engadget and i changed my mind, it looks like it needs more work to be stable, also i now doubt about the usability of this.

waving my hand in front of the screen and changing 3 parameters (wow 3 really? cool) does not seem like something i’d want, but that’s just my opinion. There were controllers like that a long time ago, stuff like d-beam from roland and eowave stuff.

msepsis
        Participant
          • Topics: 219
          • Replies: 732
          • Total: 951
          • ★★★

I’m not sure when you last looked at it but it’s not as much about waving your hand in front of the screen to trigger actions as it is an alternative to using a mouse and keyboard to interact with the computer.

An associate of mine just got his, unpacked it yesterday and is using the SDK to do some VERY cool things within Maya (Autodesk).. some of the demos are actually quite breathtaking.. It’s already far beyond anything d-beam. I get an incredibly accurate real-time 3d visualization of my hands and finger movements, possibility for a control node on each joint of every finger (and of course finger tips) all in real-time, almost no perceivable lag with the current SDK demo on my friend’s kit. . . might be worth taking another look at 🙂

• This reply was modified 10 years, 8 months ago by msepsis.

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • The forum ‘News and releases’ is closed to new topics and replies.
        There is currently 0 users and 84 guests online
        No users are currently active
        Forum Statistics
        Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
        Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
        Ctrlr