LEXICON MPX100

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr LEXICON MPX100

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    woodster77
    Participant
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 2
      • Total: 3

given the sysex capabillity of the lexicon mpx 100

any chance of a controller for this as the sysex spec goes way beyond the front panel and would give it an almost pro spec

cheers Atom

LEDGEND……..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

show me the specs and i’ll what i can do, without any information on the midi implementation i can’t say anything.

woodster77
        Participant

sorry bout that……..duhh!!!!!!¬

atom
          Keymaster
            • Topics: 159
            • Replies: 2945
            • Total: 3104
            • ★★★★★

Well the specs are simple at first glance, but then i tried to figure out what message to send to change a parameter and i can’t figure it out. what is what, and what does nibblized mean.

woodster77
            Participant

page 5 paragraph 8 goes into a bit of depth on the nibbles
              its cool if you cant broo get this up and running mate
              i was just curious……..

jbeuckm
              Participant
                • Topics: 2
                • Replies: 6
                • Total: 8

I have the nybblize code and half the controls working here:

https://github.com/jbeuckm/Ctrlr-Lexicon-MPX100

Video explanation:

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by jbeuckm.
                kims
                Participant
                  • Replies: 15
                  • Total: 16

I guess i can use this on my MPX550 too, just change the existing knobs to the MIDI Implementation Addendum for MX550…right?

kims
                  Participant

oookay..

i been fidling with the editor for my mpx550 for the last 3 days, i cant get it to work properly:

it freezes the unit alot, specially when using the PreDelay, dont know why… sometines it works and then its possible to make awesome reverbfx!

can anybody help on this?

How do i add my panel in this forum? file is too long?

Possemo
                    Participant
                      • Topics: 14
                      • Replies: 638
                      • Total: 652
                      • ★★★

If the panel is too big to upload it here put it on a google-drive or someting similar. The first 15GB at google-drive are free of charge. Then you have to make links for people to download the file. The whole process is not very complicated.

kims
                      Participant

Ok thanks i just thought it was possible on this website 🙂

Im still experimenting its like MPX550 cant “reset” it self when starting to use Ctrlr it does some crazy feedback SOMETIMES….?

https://filebin.net/xviu38nixrtshrif

kims
                        Participant

its like Ctrlr are missing a command to tell MPX550 to start from zero?

Possemo
                          Participant
                            • ★★★

At first sight this all looks ok but maybe there are some bugs in the panel. The manual tells that if there are sent wrong values, e.g. an out-of-range value for the corresponding parameter the mpx could crash.

I would check the ModulatorCustomIndex and the ModulatorCustomIndexGroup for errors. Note that system parameters usually have 1 byte, so ModulatorCustomIndexGroup = 01.

Another thing: to exchange the panel use the menu
                            File -> Export -> Export compressed binary + ressources.
                            This way you get a .bpanelz file where all ressources are packed and compressed together. A .bpanelz file is so small it should be no problem to upload it here.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Possemo.
                            kims
                            Participant

thank you very much for answering, i was close to forget about ctrlr

the ModulatorCustomIndex is 0002 0000 0011, which is the “Algorithm: 0 to 10 0002 0000 0011 0000 0000 0000 000A”

jbeuckm says in part 2(or 1) that the last ´0000 0000 0000 000A´ isnt nessary

i DIF try all the numbers, no luck with that

and ModulatorCustomIndexGroup is allready set to 01.

i hope its not an error the script in component-“modulatorchanged” for the MPX550 because then im lost 🙂
                              i hope the MPX100 and 550 are the same in the script 🙂

i did try things as change it to ‘F0 06 16 00 01 01 (added the extra 01, “6. Additional Bytes” and a E7 “10. MIDI Closing Byte”) as written in the MIDI Implementation, (jbeuckm says in the Video explanation that the E7 doesnt work so he changed it to a F7)

by the way thanks to Lexicon for the MIDI Implementation, i also have a yamaha rev500 which i would like to make a editor for, and askd yamaha for more sysex parameters, but yamaha havent answerd yet for a week

can anybody confirm that the editor actually works for the MPX100??

kims
                              Participant

ok a new update

the full SYSEX ADDRESS address for the knobs doesnt work (just as jbeuckm say in the video parts), only the first 4 of the 7 sysex works

when using the “PreDelay” on the editir it often freezes MPX550, and specally when changing to other effects such as DX1 etc
                                when closing Ctlr and only using the Chambers effect all works ???

i noticed that the “Predelay” affets the “RefDelayL, RefDelayR, EkoDly R EkoDly L EkoFbk L EkoFbk R” because when set to zero, it overloads MPX550 and freezes

But thats what i dont understand it shouldnt happen when changing to forexample Plate…but it does

i bet its the script…i dont know

Possemo
                                Participant
                                  • ★★★

If you post a .bpanelz file I could have a look. Ctrlr-Tabs are a bit rickety. When you do the wrong thing you can mess them up, like e.g. it does not show the label of the selected tab. When you change to other tabs it does activate the script, which I think is a bug.

So when you set Predelay to zero it crashes the mpx? Then there may be a bug in the script. As said it would be much easier if you post a .bpanelz file here.

And yes E7 is a typo of Lexicon – it should be F7.

kims
                                  Participant

Ok i try to change it to F7 again 🙂

the overload/freeze happens when i try to change to other effects, example “Inverse” in Ctrlr, and then adjust the Predelay
                                    sometimes i dont even get to adjust the Predelay, then it freeze/overload

In Chamber it SOMETIMES work fine, but theres a clicking sound when changing effect in Ctrlr – that isnt there on the panel on the MPX550

As i know the other knobs works fine

the Predelay is measured in ms on the unit

when changing size (4.0m-76m) on the unit it is writing “rebuilding” on the panel

All of this i cant see when using ctrlr. only the written “MIDI” on the panel on the unit

im about to make a video of the chamber in ctrlr

Attachments:
                                    You must be logged in to view attached files.
                                    Possemo
                                    Participant
                                      • ★★★

Ah, it seems there is a problem which is not as easy to fix. According to the midi implementation manual here:
                                      https://3e7777c294b9bcaa5486-bc95634e606bab3d0a267a5a7901c44d.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/product_documents/documents/1099_1340212952/MPX_MIDI_Sysex_Inst_Rev1_original.pdf

Parameter identifier bytes must correspond
                                      to a parameter that is appropriate for the
                                      currently-running program. Sending the
                                      unit a Query Message for an inappropriate
                                      parameter will cause it to respond with a
                                      Data Message that contains a garbage
                                      value. Sending the unit a Data Message
                                      for an inappropriate parameter will cause
                                      unpredictable results, and may even cause
                                      the unit to crash. If this occurs, power
                                      cycle the unit.
                                      To avoid these complications, remember
                                      the algorithm for the currently-running
                                      program or send the unit a Query
                                      Message asking for the value of the
                                      parameter “Algorithm.” Note that some
                                      algorithms are dual programs with an
                                      additional option (see Number 6 in the
                                      next column).

So if you edit a parameter that is NOT available in the current selected alogithm the mpx will crash. To avoid problems you would need a procedure that will check which algorithm is selected. The panel should then only display “legal” parameters. When selecting algorithms from the panel it should also run a script that hides unused parameters.

If you don’t feel like programming all this you might just select parameters “wisely”: Remember the selected algorithm and only touch its viable parameters.

kims
                                      Participant

yes ive seen that text, but i followed their great MIDI Implementation (thank you Lexicon, you could learn a thing or two there yamaha!) but i have only used the same knobs for example Chamber, inverse etc, so it should work

allthough in my video i noticed that when adjusting the Predelay and Attack the reverb starts to flange as its like these 2 are the same thing(?)

but then why did lexicon add them to the Chamber in the MIDI Implementation…hmmm 🙂

i dont know how to program all this, its just a copy from jbeuckm´s mpx100 editor 🙂

cant acces my youtubechannel at the moment so cant upload the video (4 gb)

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by kims.
                                        kims
                                        Participant

i learn and learn, now i noticed that when i load the preset repesenting forexample Plate on the unit, it all works fine, so the preset Plate, Ambiance etc have to match Ctrlr

i cant get “System” and forexample “Vpanel” to work, dont know what Vpanel is 🙂 i guess it an on screen display

I have to be very careful adjusting the knobs becasuse the unit can do so much more in the effects than on the unit it self

in Ctrlr it can make some awesome long big reverbs than it can on the unit, it sounds so much better in Ctrlr

kims
                                          Participant

heres is finally an example from the mpx550 editor

its recorded with my zoom h1, ´not the best recording, but better than nothing right 🙂

sorry theres no video yet

https:

//secufiles.com/ao7p/ZOOM0001.WAV

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
                                          • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                                          There is currently 0 users and 54 guests online
                                          No users are currently active
                                          Forum Statistics
                                          Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                                          Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                                          Ctrlr