Limited success VR09 and CTRLR

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr Limited success VR09 and CTRLR

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    missionrec
    Participant
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 2
      • Total: 3

Hello all, I’m a newbie on this forum and I’m grateful you all are here! 🙂

I was ready to sell my VR09 (until I found this software) because of it’s limited DAW integration, as I don’t get to play live much anymore due to health issues. I sure do hope to fix this issue, I can’t wait to have this unit function without the purposeful limitations set on it by Roland!!!!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR WORK ON THIS SOFTWARE ON BEHALF OF ALL VR09 OWNERS!!!!

VR09 v1.12
      Ctrlr v6.04
      V Combo Editor v1.12
      V Combo Synth v1.12

Windows 10 64 bit

Abelton 9 last build.
      Studio 1 4.6 latest build

Here’s the issue;
      I have mostly one way communication with my VR09 from CTRLR standalone. I can talk to my VR but receive only limited info from the VR. For instance; I can speed up and slow down the leslie from the VR panel or CTRLR. Drawbar changes from CTRLR reflect in the LCD of VR but drawbar changes on the VR panel DO NOT reflect in CTRLR. I can save synth edits on the VR but the panels in CTRLR do not reflect the internal status (ocillators, filters, ADSRs etc.) of the patch until I change them in CTRLR. Overdrive knob changes on VR panel never reflect in CTRLR, but changing the overdrive value in CTRLR instantly reflects in the sound.

I think I have followed setup instructions completely but may have missed something?

I had to go with CTRLR V6.04 to get the full window functionality of the VST3 plugin.

Side note: Since I was using only 64 bit plugs I opted to install CTRLR in C:/program files/vstplugins and just move the VST3 .dll to the appropriate VST folder. Big mistake…. when I tried to uninstall and reinstall CTRLR it wiped my whole vstplugins folder…. I put this here just to warn others not to do this… 😉

Thanks in advance for any help possible, and thanks again for opening up the VR09 to its potential!!

missionrec
      Participant
        • Topics: 1
        • Replies: 2
        • Total: 3

nevermind…
        5.3.201…

oh well

Thanks!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
      There is currently 0 users and 72 guests online
      No users are currently active
      Forum Statistics
      Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
      Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
      Ctrlr