Listbox not reacting on "Called when a mouse is down"

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr Listbox not reacting on "Called when a mouse is down"

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    goodweather
    Participant
      • Topics: 45
      • Replies: 550
      • Total: 595
      • ★★★

Hi,
      I’m using the “Called when a mouse is down on this component” event to display some things in a panel.
      It works fine for uiImageButton and uiImageSlider components
      BUT it doesn’t work for combos.

Is this a bug? I have Ctrlr 5.3.186
      If yes, can this be corrected or do you have a workaround?

Thx in advance!

goodweather
      Participant
        • ★★★

Any answer? Can this be corrected?

At the moment, I found a “bad” workaround that consists in adding a transparent empty uiLabel on top of the uiCombo label and handling the OnClick event.
        As I have a lot of uiCombos, I would definitively prefered having this corrected.
        All common properties between modulators/components should work in the same way…

dasfaker
        Keymaster
          • Topics: 80
          • Replies: 793
          • Total: 873
          • ★★★

As I told you in the chat, the mouse events in uiCombos (and maybe ListBoxes) are taken by Juce. Ctrlr is based on Juce, and there are limits that Ctrlr can’t reach. This is one.

The only mouse event working for those mods is double right-click.

goodweather
          Participant
            • ★★★

Yep but I don’t understand what means “taken by Juce”.
            Isn’t it possible to program something?

Anyway, my workaround works nice (except that Ctrlr is messing Send to Front and Send to Back – the last selected component is at the front even if pushed back… – so the trick is to secure that you move the label to the front and that you don’t touch the uiCombo before saving).

dasfaker
            Keymaster
              • Topics: 80
              • Replies: 793
              • Total: 873
              • ★★★

I mean that Ctrlr mouse methods in combos are overriden by Juce mouse control, so anything you program there will be ignored. As far as I know, there’s nothing we or Atom can do.

goodweather
              Participant
                • ★★★

Is it the same for a Listbox?
                Can someone test and confirm?

If confirmed, Atom, can you please remove all the not working properties? This is confusing and in fact frustrating (you imagine that something is working, prepare abd build it and then you are stuck…). Thanks in advance (great work with Ctrlr!)

Should this be the case then I suppose that the only way of working will the one illustrated in your DEMO – LISTBOX panel; I mean using separate buttons to retrieve the selected row. Right?

Another question: is there a way to code something in Juce and make that code working from Ctrlr? Sorry for maybe stupid question but I don’t understand how all the combination Juce-CTRLR is working (is there an explanation somewhere?)

Carl Licroy
                Participant
                  • Topics: 3
                  • Replies: 28
                  • Total: 31

I’ve already experienced similar bugs in previous Mac builds. Event launchers sometimes work, sometimes not. Maybe it’s not a JUCE limitation but just a bug during Mac build compilation. It’s sad that Atom didn’t get enough donations to buy a Mac because it would be easier for him to test it.

I’m also interested by the combination between CTRLR and JUCE because VST exportation makes big sized files (around 40 Mo) and I would like to find a way to make it lighter, with only the code needed (without editing function of CTRLR).

atom
                  Keymaster
                    • Topics: 159
                    • Replies: 2945
                    • Total: 3104
                    • ★★★★★

What’s not working exactly ? list boxes/combos ? please provide a clear explanation on what’s wrong so that i can reproduce/test and possibly fix this.

goodweather
                    Participant
                      • ★★★

Thx in advance Atom.
                      Sorry for the confusion above, I mixed uiCombo and uiLIstBox but there is the same issue (apparently).
                      I’m using Ctrlr on PC, version 5.3.186 (can also test on 5.3.174 that I have on another PC)

I have a listbox containing patch names. I’d like to populate a uiLabel with the SelectedItem when the OnClick event would occur “Called when Item is clicked”.
                          To test, I have a simple OnClick method doing console(“Hello world”)
                          It doesn’t say Hello…
                          I have tested the same with the “Called when a mouse is down on this component” and it is the same. No Hello…
                          Somewhere else, I’m using uiCombos. I wanted to display some help text when the user click on the label. I used the “Called when a mouse is down on this component” without success.
                          For this issue I found a workaround which is to put a uiLable on top of the label of the uiCombo and this is working fine…

If not sufficiently clear, I can send you the panel in dev via message…
                        Thx again…

goodweather
                      Participant
                        • ★★★

Hi again, Atom.
                        I made further investigation by building a separate panel (attached) as I thought it could be connected to the usage of Tabs.
                        Initially it was not working for the Listbox but suddenly (I don’t know why – this is not good as it still doesn’t work on my Pro2 panel) it worked.
                        It is not working for Combo indeed.

Attachments:
                        You must be logged in to view attached files.
                        goodweather
                        Participant
                          • ★★★

Found my mistake: two methods with the same name… grrrr…

So, the only issue remaining is the OnMouseDown event on a combo.

(I have also a question about differentiating single click and double click on a listbox but I create another post for that)

EnzoF04
                          Participant
                            • Topics: 17
                            • Replies: 102
                            • Total: 119
                            • ★★

I need this to ‘reset’ values / variables on mouse down in a uiCombo. Is this working already?

goodweather
                            Participant
                              • ★★★

Can you elaborate what you mean by “‘reset’ values / variables on mouse down in a uiCombo”?
                              Clear the uiCombo? Replace by something else?…

Juce functions for Combos are at https://www.juce.com/doc/classComboBox

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                            There is currently 0 users and 54 guests online
                            No users are currently active
                            Forum Statistics
                            Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                            Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                            Ctrlr