Long overdue update

Home Forums General News and releases Long overdue update

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    atom
    Keymaster
      • Topics: 159
      • Replies: 2945
      • Total: 3104
      • ★★★★★

Ctrlr stopped for a moment, due to some personal/health/job issues (i’m not gonna go into details here).

Anyway, i’m working on it. I’m trying to implement any fixes that appear on the side. Mostly i’m focused on the program manager, i’m redoing it yet again hopefuly the right way this time. It should be more dynamic and more configurable with, it will work with and without Lua depending on the panel author. It’s hard to implement it but it’s going there.

Also i’m focusing on Linux, to get the instance exports running.

Also the big OSX compatibility stuff work is there that i must do. I installed XCode5 but it does not support anything below 10.8 so i’m fucked. I need to downgrade to XCode 4 to get some decent builds.

I’m on a job hunt and changed my meds, so i’m a mess right now. But don’t loose hope.

lfo2vco
      Participant
        • Topics: 26
        • Replies: 162
        • Total: 188
        • ★★

Hey Atom,

All your efforts are very much appreciated by the folks who use Ctrlr. Take care and don’t bust a gut (so to speak) health comes first.

Good luck with the job hunt : )

Here is some noise I organised into an acceptable format:
        https://soundcloud.com/lfo2vco/a-dark-crystal

zeoka
        Participant
          • Topics: 73
          • Replies: 466
          • Total: 539
          • ★★★

Big up Atom

Hecticcc
          Participant
            • Topics: 25
            • Replies: 160
            • Total: 185
            • ★★
            macrodx
            Participant
              • Topics: 3
              • Replies: 28
              • Total: 31

Thanks for the update and all the best for you!

stoecklem
              Participant
                • Topics: 2
                • Replies: 22
                • Total: 24

Thanks Atom. I know the program manager will be great once finished. I wish I had more time to use and build panels and learn a bit of LUA….Ctrlr is one of my favorite things and I look forward to someday having panels for every one of my synths.

msepsis
                Participant
                  • Topics: 219
                  • Replies: 732
                  • Total: 951
                  • ★★★

excellent news. Really the only current issues I’ve noticed with the current revs besides the stuff that is unfinished is txt labels vanishing when drag+selecting selecting multiple knobs/sliders.. Intermitent issue where the txt scale value jumps to 0. Can be fixed by doing the same thing that breaks it sometimes, or just changing the scale value back to 0. Sometimes the font changes to a diff font depending on what is being group selected… but it’s a relatively minor quirk.

Thank you so much for leaving us with a equiv mac/win/linux rev before you took off – that made for a lot of productivity on my end at least!

Very anxious for the program manager and the ability to export linux instances. (VST and stand alone) Not many users using linux to control there synths but I am one of them and they do exist – still we’re used to being patient for support 🙂

btw no such thing as “overdue” – no obligations here atom — dont put that kind of pressure on yourself! Still very anxious for the updates but no pressure. do it right, no need to rush it out.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 5 months ago by msepsis.

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

atom
                  Keymaster
                    • Topics: 159
                    • Replies: 2945
                    • Total: 3104
                    • ★★★★★

I wanted to update the builds, but i recently updated Juce and a lot has changed and i’m worried now that new builds might cause issues. But i’ll post some nightlies soon anyway just to check how they work now.

I’m fixing or already fixed some issues reported so the new nightlies should have those fixes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • The forum ‘News and releases’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                  There is currently 0 users and 74 guests online
                  No users are currently active
                  Forum Statistics
                  Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                  Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                  Ctrlr