Looking for the basic sysex receive/send panel

Home Forums General Panels, Components, Macros Looking for the basic sysex receive/send panel

Viewing 18 posts - 21 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Tedjuh
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 97
    • Total: 106
    • β˜…β˜…

Dank je Baus πŸ™‚ But all credits go to Dnaldoog. This is just me enhancing the panel to my own likes.

About your question. I think it should work. It’s not entitled to one kind of synthesizer, it just sends and fetches the midi signal from/ to a memoryBlock. Right Dnaldoog? You can try it with the panel he attached to his post a few posts earlier.

To Dnaldoog:
    I was just wondering if the record and dump request buttons needed to be separate. Wouldn’t it make sense to Record straight away and do the dump request by pressing just one button? Maybe put a little delay with a timer on the “Dump Request” to make sure all data is being recorded?

Just another mockup with some changes to the gui. And a more detailed Sysex Manager. Stil listboxes. Too late to work on a custom component right now.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    dnaldoog
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 480
    • Total: 484
    • β˜…β˜…

This is a new minimilist version using uiComponent

Am calling it Version 0.9.

GSDR 0.9 version screenshot

Please let me know if there are any issues.

I released this as a panel.

@tedjuh
    – that is an excellent adaption and addition!

Just one thing to beware of:

In the head of many functions in that GSDR_1_3_beta.bpanelz panel is the code:

if panel:getBootstrapState() then
            return
        end
        if panel:getRestoreState() == true or panel:getProgramState() == true then
            return
        end

This will break a standalone instance. Actually, because all functions are called through MouseDown on Component and not Called When Modulator Value Changes it is not necessary anyway.
    ※ see ctrlr.org/forums/topic/standalone-images-not-loading/

Attachments:
    dnaldoog
    Participant
    • β˜…β˜…

To Dnaldoog:
    I was just wondering if the record and dump request buttons needed to be separate. Wouldn’t it make sense to Record straight away and do the dump request by pressing just one button? Maybe put a little delay with a timer on the β€œDump Request” to make sure all data is being recorded?

@Tedjuh
    – Just noticed this post – yes it’s a good idea and possible – I kind of committed to the two button approach with the uiComponent and I like the look of those three primitive shapes together, but very possible using global switching variables.

@BAUS
    – this panel should work with any MIDI device – Let me know if it works?

dnaldoog
    Participant
    • β˜…β˜…
    Tedjuh
    Participant
    • β˜…β˜…

Thumbs up for the minimalistic look Dnaldoog. It’s working on my end. To make it to version 1.0, the block above [Buffer Size] is hard to find on my 4k screen at 100%. The same goes for the little triangle to hide the menu bar. A real first world problem, I know. But nonetheless, great little some kind of midi monitor. I don’t have to open up MidiOx or BomeSendSx now for this kind of stuff anymore.

Are you planning on releasing his big brother as well? I can think of some occasions that people want to edit the Sysex. It’s not possible with the minimalistic version because there is no editable UiLabel anymore.

(The popup menu doesn’t support a component like an UiLabel. I think I need a ComponentPeer window to open up an UiLabel in a different window. But that’s not supported in Ctrlr.There’s no bind to Lua in the /Source/Lua/JuceClasses.)

BAUS
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 22
    • Total: 24
    • β˜…

Yes, it’s working!!!

You got me thinking again now. πŸ˜‰

Updating a 25 year old Editor

BAUS
    Participant
    • β˜…

Are you planning on releasing his big brother as well? I can think of some occasions that people want to edit the Sysex. It’s not possible with the minimalistic version because there is no editable UiLabel anymore.

As for the Mirage what I am thinking about is this:

If it would be possible to edit byte7 (the Wavesample number) in the sysex string then we could load the Wavesample sysex data to ANY of the 16 Wavesample locations.

I tried this, loaded the sysex in MIDIOX and changed the $02 to $03, saved the file and loaded it back into
    the Mirage and the sample ended up in location 3. Very cool stuff for me to experience! πŸ˜€

Let me try and figure out how to do this in LUA. I want to understand this programming language.

dnaldoog
    Participant
    • β˜…β˜…

Thanks Tedjuh,

I added a zoom feature, but left the icons the same size. Version 0.95 (you can download the panel) won’t post/attach it here. ctrlr.org/generic-sysex-dump-editor/. Everything should scale on a 4K display as there are no images in the panel.

The uiLabel field on the original ‘big brother’ design didn’t actually do anything.

It would be possible to add to the minimalist version

modalWindow:addTextEditor("Request_Data", dump_request, "EDIT SYSEX STRING", false)

… to a separate modalWindow that allowed editing and which modified the MemoryBlock() contents.

Or add it to the big brother Version.

I could do that if you like, unless you would like to try, I don’t mind?

That would suit BAUS’s request too.

You could upload it under your own name if you like!

dnaldoog
    Participant
    • β˜…β˜…

@Tedjuh @BAUS

Here’s a version that allows editing. What do you think? Not tested too well.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by dnaldoog.
    • This reply was modified 4 months ago by dnaldoog. Reason: edited the panel
    Attachments:
    dnaldoog
    Participant
    • β˜…β˜…

@Tedjuh @BAUS

Here is the bigger version with editable uiLabel. Again not fully tested and I noticed if the sysex string is very large it isn’t possible to re-edit it – could be just me though!

generic editor 4

Attachments:
    Tedjuh
    Participant
    • β˜…β˜…

Not in front of a pc right now but thank you for the zoom function and the editing function already. It’s easy enough to add it to an existing panel (add credits). Something like this should/ could be added like a ready-made component to the components to choose from in ctrlr.

Makes you wonder which components could be ready-made as well. An envelope component (again). A preset/ bank manager/ editor. A slider that controls different modulators at once with assignable ranges at different values of that slider. Oh, I could go on like this.

BAUS
    Participant
    • β˜…

Dnaldoog….I have no succes with the 1.4_BETA Panel.

The only thing I can do is delete parts of the sysex string but I can not insert anything when the string is really long….like in a wavefile.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by BAUS.

dnaldoog
    Participant
    • β˜…β˜…

Hi BAUS,

Yes I too noticed that uiLabel can’t seem to be edited if the already existing string is too long.

Did you try the minimilist panel with and added small orange square button? It is attached in the post above.

https://ctrlr.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/GSDR_0_9_7_test_forum_version.bpanelz

That seems to work for large dumps although the editor window is rather small.

Regards,

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by dnaldoog. Reason: added url
    Tedjuh
    Participant
    • β˜…β˜…

The only thing I can do is delete parts of the sysex string but I can not insert anything when the string is really long….like in a wave file.

Define “really long”. How many bytes is the buffer or string?

Because for me the editing part seems to work. However, there is a problem when you exceed 5000 characters (including spaces) into the UiLabel. That’s because the maximum length of the string is set to 5000 in the component properties. The max for the string to be set is 8192. Maybe you should try that.

Or exclude spaces from being shown in the editor. It makes the Sysex less readable unfortunately.

dnaldoog
    Participant
    • β˜…β˜…

That’s a good idea Tedjuh, just set the max characters to a really large value

BAUS
    Participant
    • β˜…

I actually tried that…setting the value to higher than 5000 but did not work for me.

The 0.9.7 version DOES work and for me is enough. When pressing EDIT SYSEX I just press the HOME key to get to the beginning of the string, scroll a few blocks to the right and I am right where I need to be.

dnaldoog
    Participant
    • β˜…β˜…

Will release version 0.97 in that case!

Tedjuh
    Participant
    • β˜…β˜…

Not really helpful for the conversation, just wondering:

This is kinda weird though. Both versions depend on the same(?) text editor class.
    Version 1.4 is inside a label, limit of 5000. (Checked, cannot go above 5000)
    Version 0.9.7 is added directly to the popup menu, without a label. Limited to 1024.

Now, in the Label Class (UiLabel.cpp), there is a max length of 1024 chars set. (setProperty (Ids::uiLabelInputMaxLength, 1024) but it shows 5000 at default in a panel. The text editor itself has no restriction set (Search your %ss of in textEditor.cpp.) but is set to the 1024 chars of the label class. It’s also set like this in a panel.

Is there a mixup somewhere?
    And why is it that Bauhaus can edit just one, while I can edit both? Different OS?

Viewing 18 posts - 21 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • The forum ‘Panels, Components, Macros’ is closed to new topics and replies.
There is currently 0 users and 21 guests online
No users are currently active
Forum Statistics
Threads: 2,460, Posts: 17,299, Members: 52,887
Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!