Midi Patch Data from Synth to VST

Home Forums General General MIDI discussion Midi Patch Data from Synth to VST

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    phil48
    Participant
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 0
      • Total: 1

Hi, i just discovered this excellent plugin. I am using it under OSX in Ableton for my Virus B and An1X.
      To be honest i dont understand very much of all this technicle stuff, but i managed to install the panels for my synths and to control my synthesizers with those panels.
      But if i change my patches on the synthesizers, the panel in CTRLR doesnt show those changes. Is there a way that CTRLR receives the data from the synthesizer and then changes the parameters to the values of the synthesizer-program?
      I hope this question aint too silly. I used google for over an hour and didnt find any clue on this..

• This topic was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by phil48.
      • This topic was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by phil48.
      Puppeteer
      Participant
        • Topics: 16
        • Replies: 185
        • Total: 201
        • ★★

It depends on how the panel is programmed and the capabilities of your synth.
        For ctrlr panels, it’s easiest to program panels to send stuff to your synths. It’s more difficult to get your panel to receive stuff from the synths and to respond to your synth. Some panels just have the first part programmed, and not the second part.
        Also depending on what you synth sends to the panel and what the panel contains it may not be possible to get the panel to respond to patch changes.
        Some panels only modify the edit buffer, some only the current patch and some full full librarians that can manage multiple patch’s.
        Librarians are hard to build and is what would be required for the panel to respond to patch changes.

The Puppeteer
        http://godlike.com.au

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • The forum ‘General MIDI discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.
      There is currently 0 users and 59 guests online
      No users are currently active
      Forum Statistics
      Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
      Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
      Ctrlr