New build on 10.10

Home Forums Platform Specific OSX New build on 10.10

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    atom
    Keymaster
      • Topics: 159
      • Replies: 2945
      • Total: 3104
      • ★★★★★

Well it’s been a while and i promised to get things up to date.

A new build will be uploading today, i did this build on 10.10 and latest XCode available on that version. It has a fix for very slow moving components in EDIT mode and all fixes that have been made on other platforms. I’m setting the compatibility flag for 10.7 (OSX Deployment Target) and the Base SDK is 10.10.

I have no idea how this will impact Ctrlr on any version of OSX so any feedback is welcome.

This is done on a VM (i did not buy the real hardware MAC yet)

best regards

msepsis
      Participant
        • Topics: 219
        • Replies: 732
        • Total: 951
        • ★★★

Thanks a lot Atom,
        i’ll be giving this a spin in the next coming days.

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

adsr75
        Participant
          • Topics: 0
          • Replies: 3
          • Total: 3

Thanks Atom. Updated. Runs fine on 10.9.5 both app and AU plug version.

msepsis
          Participant
            • Topics: 219
            • Replies: 732
            • Total: 951
            • ★★★

I was not having success with snapshots on my most basic panels … maybe it’s something I’m (not) doing…

I’m just curious if the compatibility flag could be set to 10.6? I still work on 10.6.8 and still IMHO consider it the last good OS X for pro audio especially on the last good mac pro 5,1 cheese grater tower. If it comes at the expense of loose compatibility for current forget it but I don’t think it should…

Rob

Attachments:
            You must be logged in to view attached files.

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

danrand
            Participant
              • Topics: 1
              • Replies: 7
              • Total: 8

I’m setting the compatibility flag for 10.7 (OSX Deployment Target) and the Base SDK is 10.10.

I have no idea how this will impact Ctrlr on any version of OSX so any feedback is welcome.

I can’t get the Ctrlr AU plugin to compile from the latest git download. I’m using Xcode 6.3.2 on El Cap 10.11.6, with a 10.7 deployment target and 10.10 base SDK (previously tried Xcode 8.0 (base SDK 10.12), but that caused even more compilation problems).

I managed to get the Wrapper.jucer project to compile and copy the libau_wrapper.a static library to /usr/local/lib; had to create and fix permission problems on that folder (is the wrapper still required now that JUCE includes the CoreAudioUtilityClasses?)

Then I had to fix the path in the ‘post-commit’ script in the ./Scripts folder, from this:

[OSNAME=”OSX”]
              CTRLR_ROOT=”$HOME/devel/ctrlr

To my personal ‘ctrlr-master’ root folder:

CTRLR_ROOT=”$HOME/Documents/Programming/Ctrlr”

Running the edited post-commit script then successfully generated the CtrlrRevision.h file.

——

So, after spending 4 frustrating days getting to that stage, the AU plugin won’t compile in Xcode. I get a missing file error for this file:

‘/Users/dan/Documents/Programming/Ctrlr/Source/Misc/lua.c

These files are also missing from the ./Lua/luabind/luabind folder:

luaxlib.h
              lua.h
              lua.hpp
              luaconf.h
              lualib.h

Hope someone can help. Wouldn’t want to waste the last 4 days trying to compile Ctrlr 🙂

Thanks..

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by danrand.
              atom
              Keymaster
                • ★★★★★

The latest git tree will only work with Standalone for now, this is how far i got, windows is Standalone/VST (i posted a build yesterday), mac is Standalone.

I need to re-work all the other projects almost from scratch to get latest lua and other changes to work.

proton
                Participant
                  • Topics: 19
                  • Replies: 94
                  • Total: 113
                  • ★★

Hi Atom,
                  after the installation of the newest Win build Ctrlr-5.4.11.exe the Help>About still shows Version = 5.3.201 and Build date = March.30th
                  Am I doing something wrong or is this how it should be?
                  Cheers!

atom
                  Keymaster
                    • ★★★★★

it’s possible it was a test release, i’ll give it a second look today, i’m doing Linux stuff right now

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • The forum ‘OSX’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                  There is currently 0 users and 66 guests online
                  No users are currently active
                  Forum Statistics
                  Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                  Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                  Ctrlr