Newbie – Questions

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr Newbie – Questions

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    igor.mathez
    Participant
      • Topics: 2
      • Replies: 0
      • Total: 2

Hello Ctrlrs,
      I am new to this forum, (It’s AWESOME :-)….Thanks to everyone for contributing. Programming isn’t my strongest (I used to do PL/SQL, so Javascript, but that’s about it). I was able to follow the instructions written by Goodweather (v1.3 – 2016-03-31) and the introductory steps on this site.

It was all great reading. I was able to create a very simple working panel. Volume control and an “mute” button for each channel of this multi synth EMU Orbit V2.

However here are my 2 problems:
      1. I tried sending a SysEx via a “Button” impossible to get it thru. I used MIDI Monitor to check, but when I do the standard button (true/False and using the MIDI msg CC (7) with value 00 and 127 in the “Button Values” it works. The Synth is receiving SysEx, I can send other SysEx msgs, but not this one or other CC.
      The SysEx msg fro Emu Orbit V2 is as follow:

F0 system exclusive status byte
      18 E-mu ID byte
      0A product ID byte (will also respond to ID 04 – Proteus)
      dd device ID byte (00 for me)
      cc command byte
      … data bytes
      F7 EOX

Volume = Bn 07 vv (n=Midi Channel=0 for me) and vv 0-127 (So I tested with 00 and 7F)
      So I made the following SysEx: F0 18 04 00 B0 07 00 F7 – but nothing goes thur, when I send a Version Request SysEx: F0 18 0A 00 0A F7, I get a SysEx back.

2. So now I have a working Stand-alone module. How to I make it work as an AU on Catalina 10.15.4. and Logic Pro X 10.4.8.
      I have no idea how to do that, and did not find any documentations. (What I understand from some reading, is that I need to move/copy some files somewhere….but have no clue). 🙁

With that I’d like to create a couple of Panel (NanoPiano, OrbitVs, DM-PRO ant hen on…AkaiS2000 & S6000 – when I get more acquainted with programming) I also have a bunch or Roland TR’s and DR202 for future built).

Any help would be greatly appreciated

dnaldoog
      Participant
        • Topics: 4
        • Replies: 480
        • Total: 484
        • ★★

Post was deleted by forum!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 12 months ago by dnaldoog.
        • This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by dasfaker.
        dnaldoog
        Participant
          • Topics: 4
          • Replies: 480
          • Total: 484
          • ★★

Hi Igor.mathez

It looks like you are writing the CC message directly into a sysex message.
          Status Byte B channel 0 (channel 1) B0
          plus the standard volume CC number 07
          and finally 00 or 7F.
          B0 07 00 or B0 07 7F

CC values and Sysex are usually completely unrelated,

F0 in a sysex message is like B0 in a CC message, so a sysex message data cannot contain a value over 127 in one byte – B0 is 176. https://ctrlr.org/forums/topic/sysex-and-msb-lsb-too-hard-for-me-noob/#post-117517

If you do want to create a dynamic Sysex message in Ctrlr (not lua) you would do something like:
          F0 18 04 00 MS LS 07 xx F7 (xx is the uiSlider or other modulator value) if that sysex is correct (MS and LS will split the value B0 into 7 bit nibbles ie 01 30. So xx represents 0/1 or 0/127.

To export AU or VST refer here http://ctrlr.org/roland-jd990-super-editor/ under the tag Connect to JD-990 – PANEL AS VST

Regards,

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by dasfaker.
          • This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by dnaldoog.
        Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
        There is currently 0 users and 54 guests online
        No users are currently active
        Forum Statistics
        Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
        Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
        Ctrlr