Next steps

Home Forums General News and releases Next steps

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    atom
    Keymaster
      • Topics: 159
      • Replies: 2945
      • Total: 3104
      • ★★★★★

Step one: build a site for Ctrlr with the forum, better panel database, comments, versioning hosting standalone instances, hosting programs and banks.
      Step two: maybe a ctrlr port to Android o iOS where standalone instances would run on out favorite mobile devices (a template in Ctrlr for designing such interfaces would be possible)

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

I gotta stop posting stuff while on sleeping pills.

Anyway the website needs to be built since sourceforge is closing down it’s application hosting, i don’t know what will happen after that but most probably i won’t be able to host my own PHP scripts on their servers, so i need to move the device panels database and while i’m doing that i wanted to create a nice website not just the phpBB stuff.

ooze
        Participant
          • Topics: 8
          • Replies: 18
          • Total: 26

Sounds like a lot of work, but should be worth it…

Anyway, maybe the current ctrlr-users should spread the word a bit more and raise attention. Isn’t there some developer willing to pick up ctrlr and make it an "official" product (and pay atom some money)? It’s a shame!!!

msepsis
          Participant
            • Topics: 219
            • Replies: 732
            • Total: 951
            • ★★★

I agree it’s a shame atom doesn’t get some recognition in the form of $$ for his work here.

all cool ideas atom brought up here. I definitely have daydreamed a few times of a ctrlr on ipad/android/touchDevices, i’m only shocked [i:20ffqabm]he[/i:20ffqabm] brought it up before [i:20ffqabm]any of us daydreamers[/i:20ffqabm] tossed over the bomb of an idea in the feature requests! ha! seriously cool to look forward to, but its been good to see ctrlr mature a bit before making that jump, especially as a usable vst/au…

I’d suggest the more immediate next steps be mostly to stabilize the current nightly.
            Focus on making the standalone,vst/au exported panels solidly usable. I’ve seen a LOT of progress in this department, it’s probably time to lock it down to a stable after any current fixable glitches are worked out.

Maybe wait till the new redesign but then offer a download page where you can download the past several "stable" releases of ctrlr, since some of the panel developers seem to drop in and out here.

Monstrum Media | Music, Sound & Software Design, Chicago / San Francisco listen

Cramp
            Participant
              • Topics: 11
              • Replies: 66
              • Total: 77

Atom,
              you are doing a great work really!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The forum ‘News and releases’ is closed to new topics and replies.
            There is currently 0 users and 79 guests online
            No users are currently active
            Forum Statistics
            Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
            Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
            Ctrlr