No MIDI CC nor Sysex sending from panel

Home Forums General Panels, Components, Macros No MIDI CC nor Sysex sending from panel

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    roger@fo-co.com
    Participant
      • Topics: 2
      • Replies: 17
      • Total: 19

Hello!

I am doing my first steps in CTRLR, as I do have a need for some controls for my hardware. I created Device Panels in Cubase, so I thought, it should´nt be that hard…well…
      I encountered a problem, which for me does not have any logical explanation.

When I insert the MIDI keyboard and have set the MIDI output port in CTRLR correctly, MIDI is been send (I can see a MIDI data LED on the synth flashing). On the other hand, inserting a slider to send at least CC (I set it correctly to CC) or a Sysex string (set to Sysex) doesn´t seem to work, the synth´s LED doesn´t indicate the reception of MIDI data..

I am using this version:
      Version: 5.4.29
      Build date: Wed Dec 21 16:25:22 CEST 2016
      Branch: Nightly
      Juce: 4.2.1
      libusb: 1.0.19
      liblo: 0.28
      lua: Lua 5.1.4
      luabind: 0.9.0
      boost: 1.57.0

Hope somebody can show me how progress.
      Thanks in advance.

Roger

Paul Scheidt
      Participant
        • Replies: 11
        • Total: 13

I had all sorts of weird crap happening with that latest “5.5.2” version of Ctrlr that all went away when I went back to the “5.4.16” version from the Downloads link. I highly recommend going back to that version, although it does seem to crash quite a bit. Save your work often!

Another tip is that most SysEx strings include a “device ID” byte that I’ve found to be very trial and error. Could be 0, could be 1, could be some other random value that’s buried in your synth’s MIDI menu. That would explain why you see the MIDI transmit but the synth didn’t receive it. The synth thinks the MIDI message is for another device so it ignores it.

roger@fo-co.com
        Participant
          • Replies: 17
          • Total: 19

Hello!

I followed your advice and installed the version you mentioned.
          I got the same result: MIDIKeyboard working, CC not working.

Am I missing something?

I am on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • The forum ‘Panels, Components, Macros’ is closed to new topics and replies.
        There is currently 0 users and 52 guests online
        No users are currently active
        Forum Statistics
        Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
        Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
        Ctrlr