nothing working anymore, tried several vers

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr nothing working anymore, tried several vers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mgfaudio
    Participant
      • Topics: 2
      • Replies: 6
      • Total: 8

hey, really love this software. decided to update this morning and nothing is working any more. i’ve tried old versions, all sorts of stuff, spent hours reading this forum and no one seems to have this problem.

i am running windows 7 64 bit, using ableton 8 and fl studio 9. the standalone works ok, the vst is not recognised by ableton no matter what i try, fl can find it but i get pop up errors about lua and midi devices aren’t available. i have uninstalled, reinstalled, installed visual c++ 2010 or whatever it was that atom reccomended, tried several versions of ctrlr with no luck.

the only thing i can think is because my studio laptop is not connected to the net, i didn’t use the update function rather just downloaded a new version. i didn’t uninstall the old one first so maybe that messed around with important system things. if this is the case, how can I fix this? really would love to get this working again!

atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

If ableton can’t find the plugin then maybe there is some 64/32bit issue (since FLstudio seems to load Ctrlr just fine).

atom
        Keymaster
          • Topics: 159
          • Replies: 2945
          • Total: 3104
          • ★★★★★

And the fact the midi devices can’t be opened measn that something else is using them, it’s ok this is normal on Windows.

mgfaudio
          Participant

my vers of ableton runs 32 bit plugins but it won’t find the 32 bit or 64 bit ctrlr

i’ve tried the things i usually do to free up midi devices but still no luck 🙁

mgfaudio
            Participant

hi there can you please advise as to why the vst won’t show up anywhere? are there residual files from the previous installation that may be interfering with it? i cannot stress how hopelessly i have tried absolutely everything to get it to show up.

GunniKonn
              Participant
                • Topics: 5
                • Replies: 27
                • Total: 32

Go to start, type %appdata% it will take you to the appdata folder, there you find ctrlr configuration settings which you can try to delete, it helped me once my installation got corrupt.

mgfaudio
                Participant

thanks, i tried this but it still won’t show up in ableton 🙁

running standalone but getting an lua error ‘no matching overload found’

i can run it in standalone alongside ableton and it controls the synth ok so this is something. would really like to get it going as a vst to do some automation though 🙂

• This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by mgfaudio.
                  • This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by mgfaudio.
                Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                There is currently 0 users and 55 guests online
                No users are currently active
                Forum Statistics
                Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                Ctrlr