Novation Bass Station 2 Panel

Home Forums General Using Ctrlr Novation Bass Station 2 Panel

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    An0n3mau5
    Participant
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 18
      • Total: 19

Thanks dnaldoog and that’s probably some good advice there at the end to start with some simpler panels but I’ve committed now hehe. My MicroKorg panel already more or less functionally matches the one available on here that is only available for purchase but I’m determined to expose all the parameters, guess I’m a bit stubborn (or just stupid ;).

I really appreciate the guidance and advice and I’ll take a good look at the panels you mentioned to see if I can wrap my head around how I want to approach these things. Congrats on your JD panel it looks really nice and also looks very complex and deep so I’m sure it was a huge undertaking on your part.

Wishing I had a JD-990 now so I could try it haha. Love the old Roland stuff but never had any so I’m a tad jealous!

Kind regards.

dnaldoog
      Participant
        • Topics: 4
        • Replies: 480
        • Total: 484
        • ★★

Thanks An0n3mau5 – Good luck with your journey into lua. I think it’s an amazing language and you will find Ctrlr is an amazing program as you get to know it. ?

An0n3mau5
        Participant
          • Topics: 1
          • Replies: 18
          • Total: 19

Hi guys,

I’m making steady progress on both of my panels now thanks to all the help i’ve received here.

Working with you’re advice dnaldoog and a little coding from my brother i’ve now got the knob disabling and the LFO sync/speed switching working on the BS2 panel. Thanks heaps for all the input so far.

I’ve ran into another issue on my MicroKorg panel that I’m wondering if it is even possible to overcome and thought I’d just throw it out there and see if anyone here has experienced something similar.

The issue I’m having is when I’m changing the non-addressable parameters via patch request/modify/resend it is very hit and miss. When I change the Mod Effect Type for instance it will change consistently only if I have the midi clock set to external.

Unfortunately this disables the internal arpeggiator functionality and is perhaps why most real-time editors I’ve seen online leave these features off. Currently I’m using a workaround where the Mod Effect Type and Delay Type are disabled unless the clock source is set to external but if there is some way to get it working properly with the clock source set to internal or auto then I think I can have everything working mint.

The Mod Effect Type can change with the clock on internal or auto but it is like every 10, 20th click or so and is completely inconsistent. After digging through the forum we thought maybe it was to do with a midi buffer overload so we tried using a delay (using (os.execute(sleep(300)) on the send and receive but that didn’t seem to help at all.

Thanks in advance for any ideas or insight.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
        • The forum ‘Using Ctrlr’ is closed to new topics and replies.
        There is currently 0 users and 56 guests online
        No users are currently active
        Forum Statistics
        Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
        Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
        Ctrlr