Oberheim matrix 1000 Proposal

Home Forums General Panels, Components, Macros Oberheim matrix 1000 Proposal

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    lilakmonoke
    Participant
      • Topics: 5
      • Replies: 23
      • Total: 28

is this the last version of the m100 panel? i have one with a bugfixed Os so i could test some …

Oberheim-Matrix-1000-Beta04.bpanelz ??

• This reply was modified 9 years, 11 months ago by lilakmonoke.
      atom
      Keymaster
        • Topics: 159
        • Replies: 2945
        • Total: 3104
        • ★★★★★

My work on the panel has reached it’s end as i don’t have the real device. I can’t really do any more tests or add any features without testing it on the actual device. Someone with the unit has to finish what i started, sorry about that.

makokun
        Participant
          • Topics: 0
          • Replies: 3
          • Total: 3

I was working on a version of this in VB, but since this is already so much farther along, I’ll see if I can take it over. It’s going to take me a tad to get up to speed with this, but it should be easier than me starting totally from scratch. Assuming Beta 4 is the latest version, I’ll start there.

Makokun

makokun
          Participant

BTW, I’ll probably get it working with 1.11 first, but I might skip to 1.16 right away.

makokun
            Participant

Argh.. forgot that this is a binary package? Any way for me to get the components?

subwraith
              Participant
                • Replies: 1
                • Total: 1

I have a Matrix 1000, and can program. I wouldn’t mind helping develop/test this.

mosen
                Participant
                  • Topics: 2
                  • Replies: 13
                  • Total: 15

Hi

just got an M1000 and using the latest(?!) 04 Version of the Editor. Problem is th missing left side of the Matrix – no Modsources at all? anyone has the same problem?
                  shot

Possemo
                  Participant
                    • Topics: 14
                    • Replies: 638
                    • Total: 652
                    • ★★★

This is strange, what version of Ctrlr are you using? You could try the panel included in the demo-folder of Ctrlr. It is a simpler version but maybe it works better for you (see attached).

Attachments:
                    You must be logged in to view attached files.
                    mosen
                    Participant

OK, i tried and found that the Mod. SOurce fields were hidden on the Panel – works now.

I have another more general question:
                      Is it somehow possible that a Midi Dump is send to the M1000 everytime i open up the DAW project file so that it recalls the used patch “itself” instead of sending the dump manually. I know there is this option inside the cntrlr plugin but it does not work. either in the midi pane, nor in the options.

thx

Possemo
                      Participant
                        • ★★★

I guess you mean “send Snapshot”. I think this won’t work on the Matrix1000. It just throws all parameter values to the synth (the same as you would move all sliders and selectors at the same time) and this will probably crash the synth. You would need a Lua script that assembles a proper sysex dump.

I will start to try to make a complete panel based on v0.4 in the near future. Btw. do you have the rom upgrade?

http://www.tauntek.com/Matrix1000Firmware.htm

It should digest sysex messages much better than the original Oberheim rom.

mosen
                        Participant

Youre right – send snapshot. It works if i do it manually inside the panel. But my question was if it could happen automatically after open the DAW project. Setting the Snapshot delay around 60ms the matrix updates the patch correctly.

But meanwhile i have another, bigger problem:

i purchased the 1.16 OS update. while the parameters upadate faster i have BIG problems with “lost notes” on the keyboard and system freezings while changing a patch from the editor. this makes it quite unusable for me.

could anyone with the 1.16 OS can comment on this?

THX

Possemo
                          Participant
                            • ★★★

I am surprised that send Snapshot is working, well then – this is good to know. But I prefer sending sysexdumps anyway. It happens very fast and the synth should handle it easily as it is the way a patch-send was meant to be.

I did just read about v1.16 and have no experience with it. This is what I heard: to relieve strain on the cpu it will selectively ignore some midi messages that are declared to be “less important”. This way it will sometimes probably miss some “quite important” messages. v1.20 takes a different approach and just tries to improve general response time which sounds the better way to me. When I find the time I will burn an eprom with 1.20 and will try it.

Edit:
                            Sorry, no this is not correct: v1.20 will improve response time of some selected parameters. But it will not ignore any midi messages.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Possemo.
                            • This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Possemo.
                          Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)
                          • The forum ‘Panels, Components, Macros’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                          There is currently 0 users and 62 guests online
                          No users are currently active
                          Forum Statistics
                          Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                          Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                          Ctrlr