Order in Graphic Component?

Home Forums General Programming Order in Graphic Component?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jmarco
    Participant
      • Topics: 9
      • Replies: 22
      • Total: 31

Hello, you all.

How can we change order in the component objects?

I’ve a big problem. Three hour making something and then, when reopened, my beautiful panel was all changed.

My last objects were in front of my oldest ones.

How can we change that? Is that a curse?

Thanks in advance.

João Marco

human fly
      Participant
        • Topics: 124
        • Replies: 1070
        • Total: 1194
        • ★★★★

ok… *very carefully now* – providing you haven’t already started moving stuff in frustration – check the properties of the last group you copied, or copied from. you want to be looking at ‘owner tabs name’ or ‘Group’ – because when you copy modulators, they keep those properties. so next time you load, they jump to wherever that is, and disappear, or you find them where they shouldn’t be. the way to avoid this at the start is to copy things to an empty area of the workspace ( can’t remember exactly why i did this, to edit the properties, i think) before putting them where you want them.

to fix the mess now, have a look at the modulator list, see if you can spot the errors in the groups or tabs columns. you can edit there, and they will jump back to where they are supposed to be. beware, you can get in a mess if you get this wrong. make a backup version before you do anything.

(haven’t done this for a while, so anyone else, please chime in, if i’ve forgetten something)

jmarco
        Participant
          • Replies: 22
          • Total: 31

Thanks you, HFly!

But I almost give up!

Groups are the way to go! Forget layers and orders! Groups, saving a lot, and stay one or two steps ahead of Ctrlr. OR else he would hit you bad!! 🙂

Thanks a lot. I’ll post my panel soon!

João Marco

amaliaolive
          Participant
            • Topics: 0
            • Replies: 1
            • Total: 1

Providing you quality is our priority, as always. Our professional assignment writers UK are capable to produce the premium quality of assignment paper for our customers using their deep knowledge about the subject and experience in writing.
            We understand the requirement of the deadline, and 100% assure you of the timely deliverance of your custom assignment writing paper. A quality and plagiarism-free assignment can increase your grades throughout the semester.

higgy
            Participant
              • Replies: 11
              • Total: 20

hi,
              > Forget layers and orders!

when ‘overdubbing’ components (e.g. overlaying an image component with a transparent ‘touch button component’) layers are the choice.The ‘graphical’ order (send to back/front) is nor reliable or durable.

f

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by higgy.
              goodweather
              Participant
                • Topics: 45
                • Replies: 550
                • Total: 595
                • ★★★

The front/back order is dictated by the order of creation of your modulators.
                Using then Send to back / Send to front is not always reliable and tbh I don’t know what this is doing (works at the moment but not anymore after re-selecting / de-selecting).
                Modulators are saved in the panel according to their order of creation and thus retrieved like that.
                What I’m doing to always be sure to have things in the right order (when absolutely necessary) is to directly edit the xml code of the panel with Notepad++ and to move my modulators according to front/back needs (a back one must always be in the panel file before a front one).
                Of course, don’t do that when it is not needed 😉

damien
                Participant
                  • Topics: 15
                  • Replies: 62
                  • Total: 77

I had the same issue yesterday. I had to organise my GUI with several layers, one with the graphic (backgroun image) with deeper index and the one upppon the other (dynamic label).

It’s like using z-index in CSS.

First create a new layer in the Ctrlr Layer editor : Panel > Layer Editor.

Save then, you open your file with a text editor.

Check the “iPanelCanvasLayerUid” values of your different layers. They show up early (around line 150) in the “uiPanelEditor” tag.

<uiPanelCanvasLayer uiPanelCanvasLayerName="LayerAlwaysBehind" uiPanelCanvasLayerUid="LayerUid0"
                  uiPanelCanvasLayerColour="0x000000" uiPanelCanvasLayerVisibility="1" uiPanelCanvasLayerIndex="0"/>
                  <uiPanelCanvasLayer uiPanelCanvasLayerName="LayerOnTopOfTheOther" uiPanelCanvasLayerUid="LayerUid1" uiPanelCanvasLayerColour="0x000000" uiPanelCanvasLayerVisibility="1" uiPanelCanvasLayerIndex="1"/>

Then for the modulator you want to be always on top (visible)
                  Replace the following value of your component :

componentLayerUid="LayerOnTopOfTheOther" uiType=""/>

cheers

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by damien.
                  • This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by damien.
                  goodweather
                  Participant
                    • Topics: 45
                    • Replies: 550
                    • Total: 595
                    • ★★★

Didn’t use the layers until now but for your simple example it si nice and I’ll try that. Thx.
                    In my case, I’m using the order because sometimes I have 20 patch cables close to each other and overlapping.
                    Would be too complex to treat with layers. So, just re-ordering them is fine.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • The forum ‘Programming’ is closed to new topics and replies.
                  There is currently 0 users and 59 guests online
                  No users are currently active
                  Forum Statistics
                  Threads: 2,495, Posts: 17,374, Members: 77,605
                  Most users ever online was 12 on January 22, 2019 3:47 pm
                  Ctrlr